Notices

sounds savage will it be available tonight for download?

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by sping View Post
Excellent news - many thanks in advance. I'd say you should call it a beta, or release candidate, if it's still lightly tested.

Some people will stumble upon it and expect it to be flawless... It'll warn them. The rest of us will try it whatever you call it...
I am in the second category. I assume I would just delete my old map store and start all over again, is that correct?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Fred

Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
I am in the second category. I assume I would just delete my old map store and start all over again, is that correct?
No, it won't delete your old maps. I didn't want to risk enraging certain people by accidentally deleting their maps. You'll have to delete them yourself.

Maemo Mapper will, however, automatically modify your repository definitions so that you don't have to modify each one manually. All it does is append ".db" to any of your cache paths that happen to be directories and not files. You'll get a notice about the automatic modification, and thereafter your repository will start empty.

I was planning on going for a long walk tomorrow afternoon, any chance that the release will be available before then? Would be a nice opportunity to give the new version a try.