Notices

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
And now a month has passed.
*BUMP

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not exactly news, but. Sipping on a coffee on Queen West in Toronto, I fired up Kismet and started scanning. I found a buncha networks, a buncha weird signals that it interpreted as mystery networks, and not much else. Synopsis: It's glaringly apparent I don't know how to use Kismet.

The curses version may work but it'd be much nicer with a hildon UI. Here's to hoping.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So (in the interest of keeping this thread alive)... what does one *do* with all the information gathered?

I would assume they'd find a filter for the data and make it more easy to display. Also, they'd build an attractive user interface for it.

As I see discussion here it seems to me, that you were able to run kismet on N770 in terminal mode. How did you do that?

When I try to run kismet my N770 always frrezes. I run it as a root, configure wlan device via iwconfig befohe, and I have a lot of swap on my MMC card.

I don't have a swap partition configured. I su to root, and run it. I'd heard that it won't work without the AC power because the powersaving keeps turning the radio off every few seconds, but I had no such issues. I'd list other apps I have installed to help alleviate conflicts but there's about 20 of them.

Did the kismet team get the information they needed? Has there been any progress?

Hehe, isn't kismet supposed to be used with a Packet Sniffer on the 770 to crack WEP Encryption keys?

(I have no idea how by the way lol)

Originally Posted by kutibah
Hehe, isn't kismet supposed to be used with a Packet Sniffer on the 770 to crack WEP Encryption keys?

(I have no idea how by the way lol)
depends on what you want to use it for. Not my thing so I would know about it from the white-hat side of the fence. But that's about it.