Notices

Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
I think what would be nice if pressing the camkey i get the dashboard but pressing it again brings me to the desktop..
was thinking the exact same thing!

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by hqh View Post
Shortcutd needs to be restarted after modifying the configuration file.

stop shortcutd; start shortcutd
(as root) does the trick
This is turning into a great little app, thanks guys. I had to turn off the proxi part since it would stop vibrating while on the phone (unless I missed some kinda of setting). Can't wait for the multi app config'n

x

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Great work!

The Dashboard appears when the Camerabutton is released?

So I guess press and hold for 1 second commands are also there possible and not only at the proximity sensor. Am I right?

Great work hopbeat!

Is it possible to have a simple application "phonekeyd" to have only access to phone by pressing the camera button?
It would be really appreciated by people who makes call on the move: you can unlock the device in portrait with one hand... but is't difficult to open to the phone application if you have to search the icon between the 4 desktops
Thank you very much

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
So I guess press and hold for 1 second commands are also there possible and not only at the proximity sensor. Am I right?
Originally Posted by fra83fra View Post
Is it possible to have a simple application "phonekeyd" to have only access to phone by pressing the camera button?
Yes to both, as the goal is to have the actions user configurable in the next version. Development of a control panel applet to change the settings has also begun.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thanks hqh.

When it is possible to create a shortcut by holding the camera button for more than 1 second down I would love to see something like a shortcut dashboard instead of the taskmanager.

Often it's only needed to open the Keyboard to use it for a shortcut. At example STRG + SHIFT + I to change the Browser Layot. (it's not really comfortable to use)

In my opinion it could be very usefule to have a menu that appears like the menu when you press the power button once. Then select a commando on the screen, the menu disappears and your daemon sends the needed shortcut to the current running application.

What do you think? Could this be possible and useful?

I need currently something like this at applications like ScummVM or the Webbrowser.
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
I have found that when i hold my N900 in landscape i keep activating and deactivating the proximity sensor which is no biggie in itself but annoying as i think it was maybe a messsage/call notification vibrate so i then go checking my messages and call logs just in case i cancelled an incoming call or message.
It would be good if there was a setting where you can turn the proximity sensor off for the app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
In my opinion it could be very usefule to have a menu that appears like the menu when you press the power button once. Then select a commando on the screen, the menu disappears and your daemon sends the needed shortcut to the current running application.

What do you think? Could this be possible and useful?
Thanks for the suggestion. Might be worth implementing if enough people find it useful. Personally, though, I think that this is what the hardware keyboard is for

Last edited by hqh; 2010-01-12 at 10:31.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Is it possible to get back button to proximity sensor?

.edit
btw. One thing that bothers me on package pages is that I haven't seen single app that would have link to it's own talk.maemo.org thread. Is there reason for developers not putting it there? It seems that even download pages miss the link and also quite many garage pages. Makes me just wonder.

Last edited by slender; 2010-01-12 at 10:38.

A little off topic perhaps - but would it be possible to map the camera key to a normal keypad key?

I was thinking the otherday that the camera button and the volume button would be good to use for playing gaems - like the shoulder buttons on the PSP or SNES controller...

Tags
feedback thread, shortcutd