Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
while my much more mainstream phone (a 6110 Navigator) suffers negligence. (Actually, what I appreciate even more is that I can come to this place or the bugzilla and have Nokians talk to me about what they'll do and what not. There's no place I can go and write: "Hey, there's a flash in my 6110 Navigator, but I cannot use it because all pictures taken with flash are blue.", then get a ticket number for it and watch how it's being dealt with while others vote for it or add comments...)
You probably have a defective unit, my 6110 takes reasonable 2 MP pictures with flash, of course you can't expect very high quality pictures at night(it's a phone camera)

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
@VDVsx: I've seen other users complaining about this bug in various forums, so I'm pretty sure it's not just my unit. (In fact, you can use the flash if you set the white balance manually and choose "sunny". You'll get good quality pictures then. It's just that I'd expect the phone to choose this setting automatically when the flash is activated...)

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
@VDVsx: I've seen other users complaining about this bug in various forums, so I'm pretty sure it's not just my unit. (In fact, you can use the flash if you set the white balance manually and choose "sunny". You'll get good quality pictures then. It's just that I'd expect the phone to choose this setting automatically when the flash is activated...)
So should be some branch of phones with that problem, I never touched the 'balance' setting in my phone and always use auto-flash (day and night).

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Maybe it was a forum legend then. I'm really surprised that nobody else remembers it... Well, not having the source at hand (and no, the slide you're referring to isn't what I mean here) I'm pretty lost, right?
I remember it, and there was certainly surprise at the summit that "2 [major] releases for N810" included diablo. I remember the gasp & murmur quite significantly.

Of course, it's 2am - I've driven 7 hours straight today - and I ain't going looking for no source ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
...surprise at the summit that "2 [major] releases for N810" included diablo...
I remember too. In fact, there was a pretty pointed question about it during one of the discussions. Sources to this would be difficult, I think.

Tim

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I think you just want someone to tell you that Maemo 5 will run on N8x0 devices, right?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Interesting, is that a Nokia leak or running using SW OGL?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 620 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Netherlands
vnc -> sdk

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I remember it
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I remember too
So who said what and when?

PS: thp excellent and funny!

I remember it, and there was certainly surprise at the summit that "2 [major] releases for N810" included diablo. I remember the gasp & murmur quite significantly.

Of course, it's 2am - I've driven 7 hours straight today - and I ain't going looking for no source ;-)
Well it was planned diablo and elephanta to run on the n8*0s, as far as i can remember. But they skipped elephanta, so... You may count the SSUs as "some" upgrades i guess.

Tags
770, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n800, n810, os2008, upgrade