Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Hi handaxe, thanks for replying.

Yes, I did let the phone exhaust itself after the first charge. I've since charged again and am now at 47% discharging and I will let it exhaust itself again before a 3rd charge.

The battery performance seems okay though, no complaints there. I just thought for a new battery I should be seeing a higher reading than 1278mAh for a battery that claims 1500mAh.

Originally Posted by Mar1472788
Hi handaxe, thanks for replying.

Yes, I did let the phone exhaust itself after the first charge. I've since charged again and am now at 47% discharging and I will let it exhaust itself again before a 3rd charge.

The battery performance seems okay though, no complaints there. I just thought for a new battery I should be seeing a higher reading than 1278mAh for a battery that claims 1500mAh.
You'll need quite a few complete cycles to get the chip calibrated. You can find more details on that here. If after a few cycles you don't get ~1500mAh i can bet your pollarcell is fake.

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
You'll need quite a few complete cycles to get the chip calibrated. You can find more details on that here. If after a few cycles you don't get ~1500mAh i can bet your pollarcell is fake.
Thanks for your reply, I will have a good read of the link you gave.

I'm approaching a 3rd charge and I'm quite happy to do so, several times and if I don't see any realistic improvement, then it can go back, be replaced or I will have my money back.

The battery is from the eBay seller 'wannsee electronics' (linked on this thread) who seem to be reputable enough. Out of 294403 sales total, there are only 28 negatives in 12 months, all for Polarcell batteries for various phones. At least I have redress with eBay.

Regards,

Well, what a debacle!, the new battery is losing 5% capacity on each charge. I haven't the time to carry out extensive testing and to be honest, I don't see that an end user should have to do such things, either the battery is functional, or it isn't.

I made contact with Wannsee Electronics on eBay, they were happy to receive the faulty battery and replace it.

Sadly, the UK Post Office will only handle the old battery if it is fitted/inserted into a device, I cannot and am not allowed to send the battery as it is. I notified Wannsee about this, they have been very good and have stated that it has become too complicated to return it and are going to send me another battery anyway.

I have digested the comment about the battery possibly being a fake, but I have no easy way to tell this (except possibly by hours of testing using guides here on TMO). I have to take Wannsee at face value, they seem reputable as far as eBay sellers go and to be honest, despite their feedback showing negative comments mainly about Polarcell batteries, but none of them for BL-5J Polarcell battery, the majority are batteries for Samsung Galaxy phones and some Nokia Lumia.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
What ever happened to the Scud blue dream batteries?
Those were great, soldered easily, and when doubled up and used with a Mugen cover kept over 3000mA/h for over two years before dropping to about 1800mA/h in a few weeks before trying to replace.
The Akku looks good but is more expensive than the old Scuds.
Is there a single high capacity battery around 3000mAh to which we could solder the circuit board and glue the top of a BL-5J?

I also found found another supplier for the Polarcell
http://www.cellephone.de/en/cell-pho...-bl-5j/a-1165/

Last edited by biketool; 2015-06-10 at 14:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I might well be wrong, but my polarcell came from Germany so give it a shot as they generally are good. (Edit: I just checked and I got my Polarcell in 2012 from wannsee-electronic. So there you are.)

They stopped making the Scuds AFAIR. I got one: the packaging was amazing, compared to the bubble-wrap sleeve in which I got the Polarcell.

Last edited by handaxe; 2015-06-10 at 20:10.

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Mine came from there. Two years of daily charging and still 1175 mAh.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
My Polarcell bought in 2012, charged daily phone used moderately each day, stands calibrated at 1392mAh. I doubt that is "real" as the charge collapses when the battery is put under load when near empty, but still I remain quite happy with the phone's "legs".

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Just an update from me, one of my SCUD´s are down to 1350mAh, but this is after approx think 2 years of service.
So all in all it is doing very good

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone. Pisen if you can get them. Seem fairly close to Polarcell. Wannasee were happy to receive my faulty Polarcell then didn't reply to my emails or send a replacement.. Fsck them.

The Following User Says Thank You to independent For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc