Active Topics

I have here my nokia n900 havent used it for years the thing is. It doesn't boot up if I charge it, it will only display the orange led and after that it will vibrate then after that vibrate then vibrate its like it's like on and off. When unplugged and turn it on. The white led and nokia logo appears then after that shuts down again. Please help me please. Please help me good people

Let it charge for a few more hours (20 if needed), if that doesn't help try a different battery, if it boots up you're golden, only thing you need is new battery. If not, not sure, this usually helped if I haven't charged my spare for a few weeks. They tend to reawake from my experience. Good luck

Over 20hrs I don't think the battery is the problem because it worked perfectly when I first turned on then after I did some updates it wouldnt boot up to homescreen just stock up on nokia logo then shuts down.

ok what you really need to do is, find another phone which uses the same battery model as n900, charge the battery to full and use it in n900 and it will work, just do this.

BUT first ... u shud be punished for not using your n900 for such a long time !!!!

Last edited by abubakar; 2013-01-04 at 20:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post:
I tried a different battery just now and its the same. Should I reflash kernel power? Anyway thank you guys

P.S. havent used it because of this problem. It wont boot up its acting crazy.

Last edited by zinatz; 2013-01-04 at 20:06.

hmmmm ... strange, just flash everything then, you know how to do that?

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
hmmmm ... strange, just flash everything then, you know how to do that?
Can you give me the steps pls...

lol, loving how times change, did few searches on 'N900 battery' in few options to help google, bing first search returns someone actually selling and listing compatibles... times are a changing, try battery if one of your friends have:
Nokia 5230 XM, 5800 XM, N900, X6

Cold flashing with a fresh battery from some of those might help, use goo... **** it, use bing, lol

Last edited by szopin; 2013-01-04 at 20:12. Reason: typos

here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_your_device

and

here ...

http://www.mynokian900.com/2011/03/f...-my-nokia-n900