Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
The FCC papers mention the BL-4D battery used in the N8, E7, N97 and E5. But this is a downgrade in terms of capacity from 1320mAh on the n900's BL-5J to 1200mAH. I hope they managed to hone the power consumption on this device.
So long as it's user swappable I'm still in the game. I have 3 batteries and if I'm not at work, I'll always use at least two....

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I would be surprised if this had lower media specs than the N8, which would be HDMI, usb OTG, fm transmitter, outstanding camera, HD recording and so on. I don't care if it's dual core this or that, sure it'll be compared to the SG2 but Nokia excel at having lower processors because the OSs actually run well - if it doesn't need 1.2GHz to run, i'll be pleased with the extra battery life.

I'd like to be as open as Maemo 5 but more mainstream consumer friendly too. Sadly, though, i can't see this getting too much promotion from Nokia

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
the following will be necessary for me to consider buying:

1) HW keyboard
2) qHD display
3) A modern processor (pref. dual core) and GPU with plenty of RAM
4) Screen size of at least 4"
Hear hear! Add a Compass and my check list is almost complete!

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Who cares about how many cores or a discrete GPU ? If it runs smooth and can drive a HDMI display without looking stupid, it's good.
Lots of people care about those, and now that the market has a number available then releasing old hardware just makes you look bad.

With luck, they've reused the chassis but updated the guts. I hope so, OMAP3 will be a joke otherwise.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Woohoo, finally! I'm most likely buyin if it's out by July.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Lots of people care about those, and now that the market has a number available then releasing old hardware just makes you look bad.

With luck, they've reused the chassis but updated the guts. I hope so, OMAP3 will be a joke otherwise.
I'm very surprised that RM-680 is still coming out. FCC talks about RM-680_3. that version was running on the mailing lists about the time the pic of RM-680 leaked. TI workforce where everywhere on the mailing lists just like on the previous versions of RM-680.

Dsmobile from MR forums is saying that he is still certain that we wont see RM-680, but the qwertyless, Lankku.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Found hints abt keyboard:

The device has internal antennas for both cellular and WLAN use. The cellular antenna is located
at the bottom in the back section of the keypad slide. The WLAN antenna is located at the top in
the back section of the keypad slide
GOOD! Keyboard is #1 factor besides community why I still use this excellent piece of technology called N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:
One of all, wow, you guys are fast, lol, i just heard about the news and came here.
Secondly, I am confused... what is the (rumored) difference between the N9 (which I thought was originally no longer in existence) and the N950 (which was officially "mentioned") ?
And I believe no matter how good the OS optimization is, it must have a minimum of 64GB storage, dual-core, a great gpu and lots of ram. Because knowing the community, we are gonna abuse this device, lol. I, for one, will research so much into making it run multiple OSes.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
seems so easy to jump on any flaws already!

im just glad something is actually brewing and we're hearing more about an actual device as opposed to rumors. here's to hoping its indeed a meego device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charbar For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland