Active Topics

1) i use sfx on xperia x compact with g7's patcher. i believe this error happens on xperia x as well, but i cant retest it now
2) i have the lock screen disabled with: mcetool --set-display-off=unblank,tkunlock

when i unlock the phone with the power button, if the camera app is open, the WHOLE screen stays completely black (not the viewfinder bug, which i have gotten in the past and is completely different).

the only way i can even tell that the phone is unlocked is that i can swipe the camera app away (left/right, or close it from the top, or bring down the top menu, or bring up the bottom apps list, etc).

only the camera window is black. if i swipe away partially, i see the wallpaper, and if i let camera come back into focus, the camera app window is still completely black.

if i swipe away and come back, the camera app is working perfectly, even without closing/reopening.

if i use the unlock screen (--set-display-off=unblank), then the issue goes away completely

i can take pictures with the camera physical button, but cannot interact with the UI controls.

it happens reproducibly, every time. it only started with 3.0.1. (i have always disabled the lockscreen).

jolla-camera prints this error to STDERR 5 times when the issue happens:
QEGLPlatformContext::makeCurrent: eglError: 3009, this: 0xffffffff

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
ok, retested. it also does it in Xperia X and Xperia XA2

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
another sidenote, advanced camera (piggz) does NOT do this, on any sx phone

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
A very similar problem has been posted on TJC; reads quite similar to what you're describing. . .

https://together.jolla.com/question/...lanking-issue/ (from jun '18)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
thanks.

while that thread IS related to the weird auto-unlock i like, its not actually related to my problem. my problem is only concerned with the camera app, and not with unblanking in general.

(however, the point that someone made in that thread, that LPM and auto-tkunlock, are not well-supported, is of course true)

the workaround im going to use is to switch to advancedcamera the instant that the selfie bug and sdcard feature are added

hmm, unless the "ghost screen" now only shows up when the camera app is open, and the thing i THINK is the camera app is actually just the ghost screen.

very possible, in retrospect

Tags
camera