Notices

Hm, is taking out the battery different from just switching the phone off and on again? AutoDisconnect is working fine after I had to remove the battery to make some repairs ...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by daniel_m View Post
Hm, is taking out the battery different from just switching the phone off and on again? AutoDisconnect is working fine after I had to remove the battery to make some repairs ...
If the hardware was in a funky state, sometimes it can get "stuck" in that state until a real power-off situation. The device never really powers off completely unless there's no battery in it for a while. There are at least a couple of issues that are only correctable by removing the battery, pressing the power button a few times, and replacing it. GSM and wifi hardware tend to have this issue more than others because the drivers are closed-source, so the kinks/bugs can't be found/fixed.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Auto-swtich (2G/3G) fails when I open a conversation (eg SMS)

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/20051951/file.html

Who has the same problem than me ?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Anyone ?

Is that normal that autodisconnect closes gprs connection also in presence of hotspot (qt-mobilehotspot) and started ssh server (openssh)? Of course I've checked options not to do so

no clues?

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
Here, another question;

If Maemo is configured to look for any connection every 10 minutes, and Autodisconnect is set to disconnect after 5 minutes of inactivity (<2kb), should I expect to have a cycle of connection/disconnection whenever I stop using my phone? Isn't this a way to wear out the battery charge?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by jmo707 View Post
Isn't this a way to wear out the battery charge?
Probably, and the solution is to not have it search for connections every 10 mins

Having said that, I have my Search Interval set to Never, plus I have put the N900 into offline mode but still at regular intervals several times a day I get a dialog popping up asking whether I want to exit offline mode. Does anyone know what can be causing it and how to get rid of it?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Does anyone know what can be causing it and how to get rid of it?
I would start by an audit of your installed applications. One of them is asking for an internet connection. Maemo itself does not.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
install wilan switcher applet maybe