Notices

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I was directed to the application Contact-zoom as a possible solution to situations when the font of the Contacts list is too small (like when the phone is in a car holder, etc.)

There is no Talk page for Contact-Zoom, & the package overview page has no discussion:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/contact-zoom/

Wikiwide gave me this link to Contact-zoom in Extras:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....3-2_armel.deb

After installation, it seems to do nothing. Fonts in the contact list still seem to be the same size, even after a reboot. Volume rocker does nothing.

In the immortal words of the help file for the calculator in Leisure Suit Larry, "How's this thing work, anyway?"

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I was directed to the application Contact-zoom as a possible solution to situations when the font of the Contacts list is too small (like when the phone is in a car holder, etc.)

There is no Talk page for Contact-Zoom, & the package overview page has no discussion:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/contact-zoom/

Wikiwide gave me this link to Contact-zoom in Extras:
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p....3-2_armel.deb

After installation, it seems to do nothing. Fonts in the contact list still seem to be the same size, even after a reboot. Volume rocker does nothing.

In the immortal words of the help file for the calculator in Leisure Suit Larry, "How's this thing work, anyway?"
select any contact when details open
go to contact menu and you will see a option contact zoom.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
I am trying to figure it out now, too. You can send a email to Xavier, the developer. So far, I haven't noticed any difference, either...
Ah, here is it! [I caught the fox's tail]. It's a plugin adding a menu entry in Contact's view to display the vCard with bigger font, making it much more readable.
Open addressbook.
Click a contact.
Click the titlebar.
In the menu, there will be "Contact zoom".
Simple, and yet too far away to be of use, much of the time.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Thanks, raaj & wikiwide. It seems the purpose of contact-zoom is different from what I'm looking for - I'm looking for a way to increase the font size in the list of contacts on the N900. Increasing the font size for Conversations/SMS's would be very useful, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Thanks, raaj & wikiwide. It seems the purpose of contact-zoom is different from what I'm looking for
The purpose and functionality is explained in the app's description in the app manager. You may not get is when installing the deb file offline, of course.

I'm looking for a way to increase the font size in the list of contacts on the N900. Increasing the font size for Conversations/SMS's would be very useful, too.
<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

Increasing the font size would indeed be welcome. SMS more important than contacts. Changing the SMS colour scheme would be a HUGE benefit too. White on black is sooooo difficult to read, I would much prefer the reverse.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Increasing the font size would indeed be welcome. SMS more important than contacts. Changing the SMS colour scheme would be a HUGE benefit too. White on black is sooooo difficult to read, I would much prefer the reverse.
Quick reply...
Actually... Font size, text color and background color within "Single SMS", or "SMS conversation", are given by CSS file. Read contents of directory "/usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/".
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: