Active Topics

Closed Thread
i wonder if there r any way to selectively choose what applications to be force rotated, so not all is. using ctrl+shift+r doesn't stick after closing the program for me.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
i wonder if there r any way to selectively choose what applications to be force rotated, so not all is. using ctrl+shift+r doesn't stick after closing the program for me.
i think not in this moment (or if any moment at all...) but keep subscribed to this post, and you will soon have an answer

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
The idea will be that there is a whitelist text file (containing window classes or something) that are "forced" to rotate. This will be populated with the closed source apps which work well (e.g. File Manager). Open source apps which work will have versions pushed through the CSSU which work in portrait mode without hildon-desktop forcing them (e.g. HAM, Control Panel and - soon - Modest).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Well, it's not impossible

Edit: I have to say, this is more of a proof of concept, it needs some work to work properly

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-02-26 at 22:10.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Well, it's not impossible
Well.... you dear MAG are just AWESOME xD

work if concept is working, i don't see why it should be a concept for much longer time
great stuff from you these days!

I have an issue my qt home screen widget no longer works. it loads for a second then disapears. It worked fine before this last update. it depends on the qt home screen loader.

The widget is called proxyswitcher.

The method i used to get the qt widget was with the adapter class.

further info: it loads for a second flashes up on the home screen then something must be closing it because it re appears in the add widget medu for the desktop. any other qt widget effected?

Originally Posted by rebelnoob View Post
could'nt ind it in the FAQ ..is this update similar to the other updates which delete your data .. does installing CSSU delete all my apps??
I have done all the updates with no issues such as data/apps loss, however the developers have warned that if there are any problems after installing the CSSU then you may have to flash your handset which would lead to a data/apps loss.

There don't seem to be many users reporting the need to do have done a flash so far so but if you are brave enough to download it make sure you do a backup just in case. just will then allow you to re-store your data but not apps.

Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
I have an issue my qt home screen widget no longer works. it loads for a second then disapears. It worked fine before this last update. it depends on the qt home screen loader.

The widget is called proxyswitcher.

The method i used was from here :
http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2010/02/24/...creen-widgets/

further info: it loads for a second flashes up on the home screen then something must be closing it because it re appears in the add widget medu for the desktop. any other qt widget effected?
ok latest information before if i went into xterm and ran the widget it would create the widget fullscreen in an invisible stacked window. now since the latest update it seg faults when trying to run it.

has anything changed that could cause these affects?

some info i didnt state in first post. The widget was working fine on my desktop before the update. updated with the cssu update and when it restarted the widget no longer shows?

By the way i am the developer of the widget this is why i am so interested i do not mind if i have to make futher changes to my application to get it working but i think some other apps may experiance problems with the same issue. what ever it is.

Last edited by jamie721; 2011-02-26 at 23:12.

Updates are amazing very quick and efficient. Unfortunately for me though, a lot of transition effects do not work. I've tried editing transitions, tried restarted hildon home and desktop, also tried reinstalling both, tried removing Theme Customizer and tried a reflash since I might of made an error in one of the entries in the file which caused hildon-desktop to restart rapidly causing reboots. The only thing that does work for me is the rotation on menu only and only through z axis rotation. Ive tried leaving it at 0 but it still rotates the menu? Very similiar result for other entries when edited. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks TMO

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade