Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Serbia
Originally Posted by milev86 View Post
So?! It's no way to use facebook application through N9?! My main idea is to chat with my facebook friends through MeeGoo messenger, as i do that with skype yet. also i want to watch out for the online users in facebook at the moment. it was very user friendly, because the facebook contacts was in phonebook...it was great!
Well, if jabber doesn't work for Facebook then there's no way to do what you want.
I don't use Facebook so I didn't know about that.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Originally Posted by saleki View Post
Yes. It works because you loged in with it before google changed it's login protocol, but now you wouldn't be able to (and don't try to do that if you want to preserve its functionality).
For example, if you flash your N9 for some reason and you try to create Google account, you will be able to create it, but you won't be able to login with it anymore.
Noop. Make new gmail account on my second phone (without any mail accounts) and its still working

Originally Posted by chilango View Post
Noop. Make new gmail account on my second phone (without any mail accounts) and its still working
I didn't mention gmail account. I wrote google account. It includes google contacts, mail and talk all in one. By making just gmail account on N9 with mail for exchange or other mail account you don't get access to google talk...

Last edited by saleki; 2015-06-03 at 21:46.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
@Saleki Reading and understanding is important before criticize. It is not your thread.

@noobismall was asking for using gmail with "other mail account" that i was responding, especally for mail and this is still working.
If you @saleki like to mention de write over google-account, you are in the wrong thread.
I never mentioned to use Googleaccount on an N9, i never will give Google full access to my phone. If i like that, i had an Android phone

Last edited by chilango; 2015-06-03 at 23:51.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Bulgaria
@Saleki Reading and understanding is important before criticize. It is not your thread.

@noobismall was asking for using gmail with "other mail account" that i was responding, especally for mail and this is still working.
If you @saleki like to mention de write over google-account, you are in the wrong thread.
I never mentioned to use Googleaccount on an N9, i never will give Google full access to my phone. If i like that, i had an Android phone
So true ... I'm not using other stuff from google except mail!
P.S. Updated the first post

Yes, i have installed "ExtraPlugins Accounts UI" on my N9. I restart my phone. Now i have more account choices in ACCOUNTS on my N9 menu. So, i dont understand yet (i have searched for that) , how to make my FB account work properly again?! I saw something for Jabber/XMPP, but i dont find an explanation, how do i use it and to switch on my FB chat and availability again? Please, help me, thank you in advance!
Facebook chat does work, using jabber plugin,

login name is your-facebook-id@chat.facebook.com
password is your facebook password
set server to chat.facebook.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:

Ok. I didn't want to criticize. He said he didn't menage to solve the problem with other mail account so I wrote the setup with mail for exchange. It's in one of my posts earlier in this thread. Sorry if it looked offending. There's no need to be so territorial about this thread. Cheers :-)

Last edited by saleki; 2015-06-04 at 13:34.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ BULGARIA
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Facebook chat does work, using jabber plugin,

login name is your-facebook-id@chat.facebook.com
password is your facebook password
set server to chat.facebook.com
I'll try. The facebook ID is a series of numbers, isn't it?! I didnt have a need of this ID before, so that's the reason of my question yet! Also, I saw that over the login name and the pass has a Display Name...may be that is by request, isn't it?!

I'll try. The facebook ID is a series of numbers, isn't it?! I didnt have a need of this ID before, so that's the reason of my question yet! Also, I saw that over the login name and the pass has a Display Name...may be that is by request, isn't it?!
It might be a series of numbers. Depends on what you set up.
Go to account settings/generel and get the id from there.
See my screenshot.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
And also when u in ur profile type that :
graph.facebook.com/nieidk (example)
and u will get ur facebook id