Poll: How much of a nerd would I be to use this setup
Poll Options
How much of a nerd would I be to use this setup

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Washington, DC
The website even mentions connectivity for the N95, so i assume it should work without issue.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Short answer: yes... yes it does..

However, it shouldn't stop you from getting them if you fancy them. I would totally get a pair for long flights/train/bus rides. It's like a private cinema on the go. With a BT keyboard (or some other method of blind text entry) you could actually get some serious work done with these specs.

I'm surprisingly tempted!!!! Ok, I'm seriously considering a pair.

YARR!
}:^)~

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2009-09-04 at 03:36.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Yes.. of gargantuan proportion

Are they useful though? VGA resolution.. simulating a 40" screen in front of you..

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Yes.. of gargantuan proportion

Are they useful though? VGA resolution.. simulating a 40" screen in front of you..
If useful was a requirement, I'd have never purchased my first N800.

It started when I was reading a review of the newest pico projectors. I was thinking it would be neat to attach one to the n900 for a sort of "portable office". That lead me to check out the Myvu's.

I figure I'm still a decade away from actually living out my cyberpunk fantasy, but every little bit helps

My boss (and good friend) bought a pair of these way back in 2001. Didn't like them because he couldn't do work on them so they went in a box. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, he sees this in Best Buy, buys them again, doesn't like them because he can't do work on them so they're currently in a box. Word to the wise, use them extensively prior to the return period being up!!

Originally Posted by TomaCzar View Post
My boss (and good friend) bought a pair of these way back in 2001. Didn't like them because he couldn't do work on them so they went in a box. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, he sees this in Best Buy, buys them again, doesn't like them because he can't do work on them so they're currently in a box. Word to the wise, use them extensively prior to the return period being up!!
You know, it's funny; I had a boss who did the exact same thing. He bought a pair around that same time (back when they were ungodly expensive) and I think used them twice.

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet, I am just getting ensnared by the appeal of a truly portable working experience.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
If you're getting these now, you're a giant nerd. If you'd get them in 10 years, I suppose you're fully normal. In fact, you wouldn't be normal, if you didn't have such a thing. See cell phones or broadband internet access. Almost everybody has those now. 10 years ago you would have been called a nerd with those.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
If you're getting these now, you're a giant nerd. If you'd get them in 10 years, I suppose you're fully normal. In fact, you wouldn't be normal, if you didn't have such a thing. See cell phones or broadband internet access. Almost everybody has those now. 10 years ago you would have been called a nerd with those.
Not 10 years, only 6 years. BTTF2 says they're normal in 2015 (along with hoverboards).

But yeah, I think I'm going to get some VGA-res goggles for my N900. I tried some QVGA ones last year, and while they were decent for watching TV shows, they just didn't cut it for interactive work. I think VGA should do it. And I've always been comfortable with my giant nerdhood.

Cool! How much are they?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The unfortunate thing is that these things run 640x480 but they only take analog connection (right)? That would be ok for watching video contents or some gaming, but text elements wouldn't be pleasant to work with.

Btw, how long do the batteries last?