Notices

Why arent there more games for the N900?? like there are for the N97 etc...?? this Sucks!! When will they be available if ever?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
One reason is that Nokia have been unable to get The Ovi store setup to actually sell applications for the N900. That'd put most developers off.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Really?? I seriously doubt that is the reason

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
i'd doubt you're doubting young sir........

After following countless threads for 5 months.... oh hang on a minute... 5 months...... Ahhhhhhhh *Click* it's a new OS... with a currently failed ovi store system, not allowing developers to sell apps easily through it......

Ok... step back..... Sooo.... Nokia will fix the store .... check.... Developers will develop games (To a new OS with no knowledge of the market?) - doubt it.... So step in the lovely developers and porters on here......

Tuxrace for example, just been ported, tux kart looks like a possibility...
Search the forums for demo games in the making, there is actually quite a lot.... But back to the 5 months..... How long would you like it for people to have to develop, test and get their apps to you?

Be patient young padowan!

edit : my full stop key is jammed, i swear!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by vozdemano View Post
Really?? I seriously doubt that is the reason
As you have to pay a sizeable fee to register on the Ovi store (not to mention all the other criteria), then I don't see any reason to do so other than so sell software. If you can't do that, then why would you put anything up there?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The "new/young OS" excuse doesn't fly.

It's a business decision of what to prioritize during product development/launch and where to spend your resources. We're not seeing evidence of either of them (prioritizing nor spending the proper resources on Maemo portion of the Ovi Store).

For comparison, see android market or Palm Pre's.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Don't agree, if you dont know the market, why would you develop for it straight away. Not saying they don't they just won't come in droves.......
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -