Hi, i need a little help here..
My phone just got back from NCC, and now the right speaker isn't working anymore!

I tried playing music and close the left speaker with my finger,
and there's no sound coming out from the right speaker!

The FM transmitter option is also gone, but then i enabled it with fmtx faker...

Is this software or hardware problem? I really hope it's software though.. i don't want to leave my phone for another week

I think its more of a hardware issue. Hmm.... at this point its better to be safe and put it back on NCC before you mess anything that will void the warranty. Pls just be patient. Its better to be sure than to be unsure.

Just think about it. what is 1 week compare to a life time that IF you mess up something and they find out and void your warranty. You will be dealing with that speaker as long as you use your precious n900

P.S. all the bestest dude. I fully hope you can get your N900 fixed. I hope i help even for a little bit. =)

Last edited by Garcel; 2011-03-09 at 18:06.

Thanks Garcel..

I tried to plug it in with TV out and play some music, but there's no sound coming out at all...

It could be a software issue. Try flashing the emmc if still doesn't work return it to NCC ok?

Yep just did that... Full EMMC & Firmware reflash.. Still doesn't work.... i guess it's back to NCC

do you have nitdroid installed? Run that and test sound on speakers. If it works then is software related, if not then is probably hardware.

as root type:

stop pulseaudio (in the terminal.)

Wait about 15 seconds and then enter

start pulseaudio

let us know if it works...

Originally Posted by janszoon View Post
do you have nitdroid installed? Run that and test sound on speakers. If it works then is software related, if not then is probably hardware.
Well i did but it's gone now after i reflash emmc

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
as root type:

stop pulseaudio (in the terminal.)

Wait about 15 seconds and then enter

start pulseaudio

let us know if it works...
Nope, it still doesn't work, still no sound coming out from the right speaker...

Btw i just remembered, yesterday my GF accidentally pour lemon juice on my n900, but it's just a bit, not much and it's only poured on the touchscreen.. And i quickly wipe it..
think it may have something to do with this?

Originally Posted by shuraizo View Post
Well i did but it's gone now after i reflash emmc

Nope, it still doesn't work, still no sound coming out from the right speaker...

Btw i just remembered, yesterday my GF accidentally pour lemon juice on my n900, but it's just a bit, not much and it's only poured on the touchscreen.. And i quickly wipe it..
think it may have something to do with this?
Hmm, can't be certain...however if there were no error messages when you entered either stop/start pulseaudio, then it would be more likely a hardware problem.

Was there any error messages?

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Hmm, can't be certain...however if there were no error messages when you entered either stop/start pulseaudio, then it would be more likely a hardware problem.

Was there any error messages?
Don't think i saw any "error" word or something like that...

Anyone know easy fix for this?
If it's wet then shouldn't it be fixed once it dries up?

Don't feel like leaving it in Nokia again