I recently ran into a description of the GTK LiveJournal client LogJam--it's at http://logjam.danga.com/ Unfortunately, I am a History/English double degree and can't tell if it could be ported to the n800. Could someone give this a look and let me know? Thank you!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The source code is available, so I don't see why not... but you can just use the LJ site anyways so...

I've said this before and I guess I'm going to have to say it again: I do not have reliable Wi-Fi where I work. I have had my N800 browser crash and take lengthy posts with it, usually because of the strange security settings thar IT has set up for Wi-Fi access forcing a crash.. A LiveJournal client keeps the text of the post stored within it, which makes it much harder to lose a post you've been working on for the better part of an hour--you can just hit "posr" again if necessary. That's why I end up hauling my Mac around everywhere and using Xjournal instead of pulling my n800 out of the bag and using it.

I was hoping to check if there was anything unusual about the requirements that might cause problems on the n800 side--since you say it doesn't, I'll talk to a friend who does a fair amount of programming in Linux and ask him to give it a look.