Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
debernardis - anything you have noticed thus far on the Note that you don't like or would have done differently? Have you used the MicroSD card yet or plan to? Wondering about access time and sound quality with the Note.
Yes I am using the microsd, the same one I had on my Tab, and restored apps from there with Titanium backup.

Two thumbs typing in landscape mode is easy, because it just large to allow reaching all keys.

I am unhappy of the single, mono speaker. This is just silly in a top quality device. No lagging in my hands for any application.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I am unhappy of the single, mono speaker. This is just silly in a top quality device. No lagging in my hands for any application.
Good to hear, I'm a big guy with amble hand space so the Note looks damn perfect for me, glad the only big issue is the mono speaker...mostly since i'll just be using my bluetooth headset

The Following User Says Thank You to coderedcomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
I think the same in my SGS2, but when I use Waze is enough. Is that the same in the Note? I mean, not useful at all to listen to the music, but enough for Waze/Maps feedback?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
I think the same in my SGS2, but when I use Waze is enough. Is that the same in the Note? I mean, not useful at all to listen to the music, but enough for Waze/Maps feedback?
I think your question is better asked as, "How loud is the speaker? Loud enough to hear clearly in a car? Can I scare small children with it? Will it double as a P.A. system or megaphone?"
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvdDDTUGJDo
Galaxy Note and Galaxy Tab compared

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the vid and all the input.
I CAN HANDLE THE SIZE ... but I'm not sue about my pocket.
They're average sized, and the SGS fits in nicely but when crouched/sitting it becomes a chore to take it out of my jeans.

So I'm divided by the price (c'mon Samsung just a tad lower) and the size (if it fits in my pocket).

The other thing is the navigational buttons (Back, Home, Menu) how will it work with the (soon) update to I.C.S ?? (wont it look funny having two sets of navi-buttons especially when one set sacrifices screen estate)

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Another thing I don't like (but I can live with it) is the physical home button. Menu and Back are touch buttons, while the center home is physical and needs a definite pressure to get activated. Why this button?

Loudspeaker volume is enough to scare old ladies - but it's by no means good for music.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pompey, UK
The strange oscillation between cold and warm colors has stopped. It's evening: maybe it's related to the sunlight effect on the light sensor?
Yes, it's the automatic brightness control that causes subtle but noticeable changes between red and green. I only notice it in the browser, so I've solved the issue for me by setting a fixed browser brightness.

I love that the browser has some of its own settings. Well, the browser's pretty amazing generally.

I couldn't ever go back to a smaller screen now, not even 4.3".

Absolutely love this phone! Very awkward to use one-handed, but then so was the N900. The only issue I've got with the size of the Note is when I have to use another (inevitably smaller) phone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordonshowers For This Useful Post:
Another thing I am absolutely loving is the perfect A2DP performance. I am streaming some good jazz to my stereo amp through a Nokia BH-214 adapter while writing this post, browsing the Net and stuff, and there's absolutely NO LAG, NO STUTTERING, nothing.
With the Galaxy Tab 7 there was some, even if I renice'd those bluetooth and media processes. Now, none. Wonderful.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Another thing I am absolutely loving is the perfect A2DP performance. I am streaming some good jazz to my stereo amp through a Nokia BH-214 adapter while writing this post, browsing the Net and stuff, and there's absolutely NO LAG, NO STUTTERING, nothing.
With the Galaxy Tab 7 there was some, even if I renice'd those bluetooth and media processes. Now, none. Wonderful.
Beautiful news, using the BH-214 as well, and this is one quirk about the N900 that I hope is resolved on these newer phones like the note... are they using a wifi and separate BT antenna? Always killed me when I was walking through my office, I'd end up going from one wireless lan range to another and the music would stutter while it searched for the next lan signal. So, fixed on these newfangledphones?

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy