Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Stay calm people...

It's 2!!! ****ing €, so buy the application or let it!

Imho the program is totally worth the 2€ and the developer did a great job.
The question still rises, how will we get updates through ovi store??? Symbian and MeeGo can, we can't.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
you still have Sociality or Kasvopus so if you don't want to pay, install one of them

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
He might, he might now - the profit margin he will see is so small since this is a DEV community. AND HE USED US.
Sucks to be you.

sociality no work . kasvopus have error

i need facebook free = to android is free

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
can you please give the guy a break? though i didn't like the way the plug was pulled i still wouldn't bash him so much. just uninstall the app and do not buy it.
anyway, i'm not really that offended and do appreciate people who code for Maemo.
No, even you admit it. Let's go though this:

1) He knows the Maemo community is A SMALL MARKET of people who are developers, tinkers, beta testers, and hacks.
2) He released a beta application for us to test, we tested it, gave feedback, came up with our own solutions, etc.
3) He released a new one for us to test, we did that and as soon as he was done USING us - he DISABLED THE APPLICATION. (my main problem)

I don't mind that he is charging, I paid $2 for the application. I also pay taxes and I think most of my government is filled with a-holes.

Here is my point: this community helped him build it, plain and simple. There was no reason for him to disable the beta. It is just a nasty selfish thing to do. I still think it should be free since he relied upon us for his testing and development - however what really ticks me off is he disabled the beta, just to be <insert offensive word here>.

If he comes here and give me a VALID reason why he disabled the beta that we tested for him I will "give the guy a break."

I paid for Angry Birds, JoikuSpot (that stopped working), Coaster Rush 3D, TowerBloxx, Zen Bound, StellariuMobile, and a few others. They all released finished products without the help of the Maemo community and I paid for their work and was happy to do it. This is not about the two measly dollars, it is about the way the guy went about it.

I went though this thread and looked for all the members who beta tested this for him, reported bugs, gave input, etc. He should contact all of the below members and send them the finished product free of charge.

ayos!, Carlito, N900L, Chrome, cloud596, ejasmudar, dar3d3vil, Zekahz, akrus, pusak gaoq, sneer_69, eefo, gregoranderson, gilamonyet, Dark_Angel85, amadeukaos, strange1712, jpala16, coredumb, NightShift79, dekor, Mike Fr, StocChr, droll, Haider, STVN, trisha02, Del, travla, Alfred, liao22

If I missed you above, I am sorry. How is that for a compromise?

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
It was always said it was a Beta, and he didn't just developed a version for Maemo, but also for Symbian and Meego, Whose communities also helped him fix bugs, and in spite of their community size, it would be just unfair to charge on them and let it free for us just because we are cool and (also) helped him reporting bugs... He did right as he could have just published a limited and buggy app on Ovi Store for the same charge but instead he first allowed us to test his app for free, he improved it and when Beta was over so was the app, as easy as that, Being a Beta Tester doesn't generate rights or ownership over the app, that never happens. Even in Open Source Software, which can also be paid, you wouldn't receive a copy of the compiled program for being tester, you just would be mentioned in the "thanks to testers..."
Developer is also reasonable, if libs or facebook api change so that the app turns outdated or unusable, he might update the app or send you an updated version independently if Ovi works or not... If he denies to do that I would support you, right now I don't...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
Developer is also reasonable, if libs or facebook api change so that the app turns outdated or unusable, he might update the app or send you an updated version independently if Ovi works or not... If he denies to do that I would support you, right now I don't...
Time will tell, and judging by his character in disabling the beta for no reason I am betting against him.

Tags
broken, dead horse, facebook client, freeriders, gimme gimme