Notices

Internet Radio Widget is a desktop Widget to easily start and stop your favourite streaming radio with just a push.

It's possible to show a banner whenever the title metadata of the chosen radio changes. Songs can be recorded in a log file put in /home/user/MyDocs/InternetRadioWidgetLog.txt.

Icon can be swapped: right now there are 2 icons inside the deb, and they all are stored in /opt/internetradiowidget folder. User can change the icons in the custom subfolder to personalize it and pick it in the settings dialog.

Background transparency can be set within the settings dialog aswell.

This widget is NOT a featured internet radio player, it just stores one radio url and doesn't show any other info other that the current title playing.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-03-15 at 10:04.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Looks cool!
It would be nice if it was possible to browse from saved stations within the settings.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
That is great - the ability to browse and populate the URL from the media player would be good. but to be fair I only listen to one station as a rule.

one thing I would really like to see is some sort of title or description that we could set to the station name.

I have always missed the radio applet in maemo4. I shall install this as soon as it appears in the repos.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

@datjomp: I'd rather avoid it, radio bookmarks are stored in a sqlite3 db and I'd have to add sql module for qt to do it, increasing binary file and since home widgets are kept loaded in memory is not so good not to keep the widget as small as possible.

@gazza_d: I don't get it, do you mean a sort of label to see which radio is currently set with the url?

Package is in extras-devel by now.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
@datjomp: I'd rather avoid it, radio bookmarks are stored in a sqlite3 db and I'd have to add sql module for qt to do it, increasing binary file and since home widgets are kept loaded in memory is not so good not to keep the widget as small as possible.
Useful app - like it! One could of course, not use the mediaplayer radio stations and allow a simple drop down list of a few saved stations loaded from a text *.ini type file. Not so memory intensive?

thanks for the app...

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
One could of course, not use the mediaplayer radio stations and allow a simple drop down list of a few saved stations loaded from a text *.ini type file. Not so memory intensive?
That's a smart idea.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Been using this today, and I do really like it. This will be staying on my device. the stream seems to be more stable than when listening with Media Player as well.

Gionni88 - yea I was meaning have a box so the station name could be manually entered and then displayed in or next to the widget.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Works very well: I like it!

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
* Is it possible to enable the sound when my profile is set to 'silent'?
Basically i can't listen to the radio on loudspeaker when my profile is set to silent?
* Will there be option to re-size the widget in next updates?

Good stuff btw...

Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
* Is it possible to enable the sound when my profile is set to 'silent'?
Basically i can't listen to the radio on loudspeaker when my profile is set to silent?
* Will there be option to re-size the widget in next updates?

Good stuff btw...
I don't know how to force audio when in silent profile, but I'd rather avoid doing it. When silent I'd want my phone to shut up at all, but adding an option in settings won't cost anything.

Widget can already be resized, it dinamically takes the size of the image files in /opt/internetradiowidget/DIRECTORYOFICON. There is a "custom" directory where to put your chosen image of your chosen size.

Version 0.1.0:
Widget can now show a label above the button.
A list of quickpick stations can be loaded from MyDocs/.documents

EDIT: In next version I'll put the ability to set the current playing title as the custom label text, since I often miss the banner and I start and stop just to see what's playing on.

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-03-14 at 23:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: