Hi

For those of you using the old jabber server jablet from zerojay that was taken down a couple weeks ago, I have setup a new one.

I have the site setup temporarily because I'm sure alot of you (like me) were dependent on the old jablet server.

I've also made some improvements, you no longer need to install a desktop client to add your messengers, our system can automatically create them for you.

right now, its just a simple "no-frills" signup form, and it is far from completly tested, but while we develop the site around it, feel free to test it out and leave any feedback.

For those of you who do not know what the jablet server was, its an instant messenger server that allows you to use the built-in messenger on your tabet, and use you existing msn/aim/yahoo/ICQ sites in real time.

This has the benefit of being built into the operating system (IE: Notifications etc), and not needing an add-in like pigeion.

And also like jablet, this is also totally free.

so give it a try at:

www.tablet-chat.com

Setup is VERY easy now with the addition of on the fly registrations.

let me know of any problems

--Karl

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delphipgmr For This Useful Post:
Looking forward to using this service - looks like it's down for now however. Keep us posted!

actually, i just registered the domain today, so it might not be available to all yet.

try again later.

What does this give us over using the internal client with the rtcomm update?

i dont personally use rtcomm, so i dont know exactly what it does, but with this you can use a stock tablet.

rtcomm is a Nokia release that enables the use of MSN et al with the native IM client.

Does jablet do something that this doesn't?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, now you see the reason why Jablet pretty much died. As soon as RTCOMM added AIM, MSN and others directly into the tablets set of messenger services, we instantly dropped from having between 35 and 50 people online at a time down to 5-10. I can't say I blame them either.

Aaah,

Ok. Jablet bridge the gap then? This is good and bad I guess. If a project becomes less important because of superceding tech, then it is disappointing. But it does free up the talent that work on the project to work on something new...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
Aaah,

Ok. Jablet bridge the gap then? This is good and bad I guess. If a project becomes less important because of superceding tech, then it is disappointing. But it does free up the talent that work on the project to work on something new...
That's the hope. Unfortunately Jay and I have been kept busy with Real Life in our own respects.

I *do* have plans for the jablet.net site, and hope that Jay and I have opportunities to collaborate again. However, I believe it will be this Summer before I can commit serious time to reworking the goals and scope... : /