Closed Thread
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I like this post simply because it illustrates behaviour and shortcomings that are regressive of mobile technological advancement. There are things on that list my N95 could do 5 years ago without a hiccup.

We cannot in the name of any 'ecosystem' give up basic functionalities and then revert to an experience that delivers smooth scrolling and fancy graphics and put a cloth over user control. We have already given up physical keyboards for VKB's and accepted that its for the best. What is the truth? for me personally i no longer use IM/Email as much as i cannot put in the effort required to constantly correct my typing. Whereas previously i could write a message with my eyes closed.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
Thatīs correct...
but only if itīs true...I donīt know what KIND of N9 have you had or you still have but mine has never acted with the lags, freezes, etc. you keep moaning about...if you still have one, overclock its CPU, get FasterN9, DropCache or anything and see the improvement for yourself...
in another way:
what good is allegedly a super-fast phone WITHOUT basic features???
I also have no lags and just deleted FasterN9 (an no CPU overclock). Every phone has its little lags (my N9 for example a couple seconds after rebooting). Even the Lumia has lags, I wished I would still have the link somewhere to that review which showed it nicely.

But that's why Lumia phones are the right phones for Lumiaman. WP is like a gameboy - you can't do that much with it, but you also can't do anything wrong. The problem is that many people don't think like Lumiaman and want to have more than just a mobile Xbox.

I think his N9 is so laggy because he tried to play hangman in Terminal. Yeah... Developer Mode on is dangerous for some people.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
3310 is smooth, for lumiaman.

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by almamo View Post
I also have no lags and just deleted FasterN9 (an no CPU overclock). Every phone has its little lags (my N9 for example a couple seconds after rebooting). Even the Lumia has lags, I wished I would still have the link somewhere to that review which showed it nicely.

But that's why Lumia phones are the right phones for Lumiaman. WP is like a gameboy - you can't do that much with it, but you also can't do anything wrong. The problem is that many people don't think like Lumiaman and want to have more than just a mobile Xbox.

I think his N9 is so laggy because he tried to play hangman in Terminal. Yeah... Developer Mode on is dangerous for some people.
correctamundo
and I have a feeling that PR1.3 will make N9 even better and smoother...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
There is 1 reason why Lumia outsells N9. Smooth transitions, no lagging, no stuttering. Good user experience overall.

The features you list are cool. But the average user doesnt care. you can have 1,000 better features, but if it lags, freezes, crashes, or causes you seizures from too much stuttering, who wants it??
Are you that naive? The reasons it outsells the N9 currently are the high price, no advertising, tiny market release and probably a cease in production. Imagine if N9 had the push of the Lumia with full backing by Elop (can't call it Nokia anymore, sorry).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
3310 is smooth, for lumiaman.
Wrong, he prefers the 3110 since he has a fetish for large antennas.

Last edited by patlak; 2012-05-10 at 13:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Nokia 2110 (1995)
Name:  no2110b.gif
Views: 648
Size:  10.1 KB

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere

llooooll yeah

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
Nokia 2110 (1995)
Attachment 26291
Meant to say 3110, but you've nailed it

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Even the 2110, which I still own and use from time to time, beats any WP phone ( as long as we refer to phone capability )
thx for that list ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread