Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

For the record: I still have my Commodore 64, too. And a Commodore 64c. And an Atari 400, an Atari 800XL, Atari 1200XL, Amiga 500, Atari 1040STe, IBM green-screen terminal, etc.etc. Does that lend me MORE credence, somehow? :P
Yes, it most certainly does!

Very nice collection. I only have C64, Amiga 500, Amiga 4000 and few old PCs. Way less credibility.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
THIS should be the future of mobile technology.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5spdvl For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Yes, it most certainly does!

Very nice collection. I only have C64, Amiga 500, Amiga 4000 and few old PCs. Way less credibility.
LOL agreed! I only got my C64, but I got an original IBM XT from 1983 and several cases with motherboard, graphic cards, hard disks and whatnot (don' ask why I keep all that old stuff)

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
Especially with NFC, so many things become possible: Your phone/multi-card-thingy can entirely replace your wallet by being your ID, your cash, and your credit card. The key to everything, up to your bicycle lock. Your bus pass. Your airplane or concert ticket. Almost everything will be "touchable" to receive interactive information. Authentication shouldn't require more than your fingerprint. Anything captured or heard can be translated on the fly.
Big Brother is watching you.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I just bought Galaxy S2. Multicores is the future technology and soon there might be a variant of NFC that can send files as fast as downloading from your computer. May be it's not Near Field, but Long Field Communication Connection. LFCC might exists

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I just bought Galaxy S2. Multicores is the future technology and soon there might be a variant of NFC that can send files as fast as downloading from your computer. May be it's not Near Field, but Long Field Communication Connection. LFCC might exists
It's called Bluetooth or Wifi. Learn it.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
futurama, speculation