Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
Got mine today :-)
Does anybody know how to acces sim card and copy or view data on the phone Nokia 6600 Symbian ?

It says here

Connectivity
WLAN: 802.11b/g
Bluetooth specification: 1.2
For Internet connection and file transfer via phone
Profiles supported: Dial-up Networking, File Transfer, Generic Access, SIM Access and Serial Port profiles
USB device mode for PC connectivity
RS-MMC
3.5 mm stereo audio out
Power connector (2mm)

You should be able to take pictures with the phone and view them on the tablet.
Maybe the 6600 is not supported?
Where can i get the software ?

Last edited by JPB; 2005-11-08 at 21:44.

I don't have a 770 yet, but, have you tried sending the pics via bluetooth?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I read somewhere that you can access the phone memory via the file manager (when connected with bluetooth)
Fred

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
Problem solved : It was my old 6600 that didn't allow access to files.
Rushed out to get a new one: 3230.
Works great ! Taking picture and viewing on the tablet !
However no acces to addressbook yet....

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
You can even directly browse images that you take with your camera phone on the device, by browsing the remote folder with the Images application. (So you don't need to transfer the files first to the device.)

It's slightly on the slow side (because of BT transfer speeds), but it works.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Originally Posted by ragnar
You can even directly browse images that you take with your camera phone on the device, by browsing the remote folder with the Images application. (So you don't need to transfer the files first to the device.)

It's slightly on the slow side (because of BT transfer speeds), but it works.
I'll second that - was doing it at lunch today with my workmates - the pairing works fine, then you select the phone and browse - some phones keep popping up a dialog asking if it's OK, others just let you get on with it

Indeed it is a bit on the slow side (maybe 5-6 secs after hitting the > button before th next pic is displayed).

It's nice that you can just do 'Save-as' when you see one you like (in that case it transfers again rather than saving the in-memory/on-screen copy I think, judging by how long it took to save...).

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Oh, and I found that videos recorded on a Nokia (really sorry, but I forget the model - a recent candybar model, the one with a camera on the front) can't be played over bluetooth (must be due to the speed of bluetooth - it's nice that the 770 realises this and stops you from trying anyway and getting appalling playback performance ).

You can copy them over easily enough and play from the memory card/internal memory (i.e. I can confirm that the bundled 770 video player supports the format without having to convert/transcode etc).

Originally Posted by dsmudger
some phones keep popping up a dialog asking if it's OK, others just let you get on with it
Most phones let you set specific devices you've paired as "authorized," which means the phone won't ask you for permission each time. If you go into the phone's bluetooth settings and select the device, you'll hopefully see that.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Tampere, Finland
Oh, and no playing mp3 over the bluetooth from my 6230 either. It said something that my phone did not support that feature, but bt v1 might be a bit slow for that too. Accessing address book would be nice indeed, and I do think it will be added later on. Just played with 770 for whole weekend (at inlaws, who work at the big N), installed scummvm etc. Gotta get one.

SIM access profile means 770 can use a cellphone's SIM card (over bluetooth) to authenticate to wifi networks. Such networks are quite rare at the moment, however.

So no, SIM access will not get you to the addressbook of the phone. Most addressbooks are not on SIM anyway. You need to *help* opensync and gpe-pim projects to make that possible

http://www.opensync.org/
http://oss.kernelconcepts.de/maemo/