Active Topics

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Funchal, Portugal
oh man, another topic? Don't you realize the N900 is not for pussies like you?!

Originally Posted by viegas View Post
oh man, another topic? Don't you realize the N900 is not for pussies like you?!
Bravo, that's the harassing I'm expecting here

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Here you're wrong. It's not about protecting the users... It's about the entire kernel that simply wasn't meant to be. Don't know if you've played with one, but the battery is only 100mAh smaller than N900's.

On N900 I have right now 50% battery (6AM-8PM) with plenty of browsing youtubing messaging and FMtransmitting.

iPhone: 6AM-2PM stone cold dead. You can test it GSM-less and you won't get much more.

This pretty much says it all, if you don't agree, there's still the overheating and the HUGE SAR 1.3~1.4 (which clearly represents a failure in the antenna design - poor fashion victim) that make multitasking the last thing iPhone needs.

So how can anybody be harassed by a looser that fell for a 1000$ toy? since this is where a nice contract will bring you to.
Whenever you want to go fanboy harassing, go after 2PM because if they don't have the charger with them, that device is like a brick in the water.

I wonder why iPhone battery life is not so good. Nokia claim they stole power saving (VOC) tech from them but I doubt. Perhaps its a poor implementation of Nokia's technique ?

Maybe they stole it from N82/N95... would explain a lot

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Plans/C...p=EvenMorePlus

get the 500 minute talk/text/web
get skype account.
i also bought a skype number which if you buy a 12 month subscription to service you get 15% off service and you get the skype number 50% off.
so thats another 60(per year) which adds 5 bucks a month(averaged)

so..
59.99(68.72 after tax) + 5(no tax) = 73.72 a month.
also this is prepaid, so no contract.

Originally Posted by popwar View Post
anyone else getting bothered about how the n900 saying it should be able to do more stuff , and how the iphone has so much more stuff and more easier to use , etc ? its getting on my nerves " you wasted you money , why did you pay 600 dollars for a ''phone'' ? " OMG STFU!!! YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND! . '' the iphone is still the best man , it can do everything '' just examples .
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Unl...2717477&sr=8-1

+ tmobile's Even more plus Individual plan 3 options
$59
500min
Unlimited text
unlimited Data
720 a year + phone = $1,990 for 2 years

$69
1000min
Unlimited text
unlimited Data
840 a year + phone = $2,230 for 2 years

$79
Unlimited Talk text and web
960 a year + phone = $2,470 for 2 years

Plus any Taxes/fees

Att
Iphone 32 gb 3gs Phone $299 + 2 year contract

2 year contract- 4 Options:

$39
450 min + rollover*
Mandatory Data $30
Phone + plan for 2 years=1,956

$59
900 min + rollover*
Mandatory Data $30
Phone + plan for 2 years= $2,460

$79
1350 min + rollover*
Mandatory Data $30
Phone + plan for 2 years=$2,916

$99
Unlimited
Mandatory $30 data
Phone + plan for 2 years=$3,420

Plus any taxes/fees

*(roller minutes kick in once you exhaust your monthly plan min if you have any)

So if your a casual phone person or a baby smartphone user on the low end you might find a plan that saves you a few bucks over Tmobile+n900. But if your a Smartphone power user and need a unlimited plan, your saving $950 bucks(I could buy another n900).

But as you see paying for the phone upfront just means we a.) Don't have to sign a contract b.) pay a lower monthly bill.

I won't degrade your choice of phone, I don't NEED to, however don't make assumptions that just because I had money to throw around on the n900 I wasn't frugal. Also the only problems I have with the n900 stem from Nokia trying to be more apple like as well as restricting things, which defeats my purpose in getting one.

So long as they correct mistakes the platform will thrive, however if they don't let the n900 grow wings by trying to control it(outside security) it will crash and burn.

The Iphone isn't a device for me. I bought a itouch and problem after problem crept up. I begin to hate it with a passion, that alone deterred me from a iphone. I picked up a cowon s9(wife) and o2(me) and I have not looked back since. My n900 does all the things my itouch couldn't do and that apple won't let the iphone do.

My fear is that some(phone and device manufactors) in hope of repeating apples success other phone will adhere closely to apple's business practices. This would leave me few choices in the future if any.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Here you're wrong. It's not about protecting the users... It's about the entire kernel that simply wasn't meant to be. Don't know if you've played with one, but the battery is only 100mAh smaller than N900's.
I own an iPhone, still on the same charge from last night, haven't been on a charger in 12 hours, about 40% left (3am - 3:45pm).

That's with 18 phone calls, 20 txt msg's, about 10 e-mails via wifi. I don't like the Safari browser, so I've been using my N810 for that instead. Oh, and a couple of games of The Deep pinball during one of the most boring meetings known to mankind.

The kernel might be the culprit. I will not feign mastery here.

Originally Posted by Multiflow
The Multifl0w app will work only on the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. Support for 2G isn’t provided due to lack of RAM. We will give you an update the moment it’s out.
That's why I partially stated what I stated - read more here. If I'm wrong, I don't mind learning how the kernel is the culprit though. Any links? I can find a few more that show that the iPhone 3G/3GS can support it, but lack of RAM is a problem.

On N900 I have right now 50% battery (6AM-8PM) with plenty of browsing youtubing messaging and FMtransmitting.
Don't quite get the segue here; don't recall anybody doubting the battery capacity of the N900. In fact, it seems to be a very strong point of the platform from the CPU to the chipset to the battery.

iPhone: 6AM-2PM stone cold dead. You can test it GSM-less and you won't get much more.
My aforementioned usage disagrees; however I do know that I will be on a charger within the next two hours...

This pretty much says it all, if you don't agree, there's still the overheating and the HUGE SAR 1.3~1.4 (which clearly represents a failure in the antenna design - poor fashion victim) that make multitasking the last thing iPhone needs.
Again, not sure how an antennae design - which I agree is rather damn poor in it's reception, especially given how AT&T and O2 are both seeing the same dropped calls results - can segue into multi-tasking.

So how can anybody be harassed by a looser that fell for a 1000$ toy? since this is where a nice contract will bring you to.
Whenever you want to go fanboy harassing, go after 2PM because if they don't have the charger with them, that device is like a brick in the water.
I'm not a "looser" [sic] that's harassing anybody. In fact, if you see any harassing commentary from me, please quote it. If you meant others, ignore them. Extolling the benefits of your cellphone to others ad nauseum is the sign of something very wrong with that person. I can see both sides... there's more areas in the iPhone that needs to be addressed than not. Sadly, I'm finding myself saying the same for the N900 at the moment.

Will I continue to say that in the future? Doubtful. But right now, the N900 has some areas that need fixing. Software (lack thereof) and hardware (charger issues). On the iPhone, don't get me started... hardware (antennae, lack of removable battery, a flaky touchscreen sometimes, lack of RAM, etc) and software (multitasking at the kernel, closed environment, treatment from Apple like I'm a thief despite having their platform in my possession, etc)...

Seriously. The vitriol isn't even needed. I can admit the faults of both; especially the iPhone.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Don't quite get the segue here; don't recall anybody doubting the battery capacity of the N900. In fact, it seems to be a very strong point of the platform from the CPU to the chipset to the battery.
I meant 3GS was supposed to last just as much since it has a smaller resolution and 100mAh ain't really that much.

I sold mine a while ago since I wasn't quite pleased and maybe I F something up to get that kind of battery issues... however others reported it too so I considered it's time to part...

I didn't mean to offend in any way, I simply mean those kind of people "uh you've got the 16gb version, you should have gotten the 32gb one, it's much faster"

Or the newbies that were soo amazed by things eg. symbian had for ages and if I say "big deal" the answer I get is "uh, you're so ignorant"

So, you see I've met a few iNumbskulls and ever since I'm quite suspicious of iPhone users

hahaha i like reading this thread ... some epic posts

anyways iphone is a good device with their app selection making it so useful that's why people are all over it and they are so good with their marketing that it makes information misleading

ex: lg made touch screen phone not apple yet fanboys believe it's the iphone ...

which makes those fanboys annoys the crap out of me when they don't know what they're talking abt... i don't hate the iphone i hate the stupid fanboys ...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I meant 3GS was supposed to last just as much since it has a smaller resolution and 100mAh ain't really that much.
Ah, ok. I totally missed that part. Thanks for the clarification.

I sold mine a while ago since I wasn't quite pleased and maybe I F something up to get that kind of battery issues... however others reported it too so I considered it's time to part...
I can wholeheartedly understand that.

I didn't mean to offend in any way, I simply mean those kind of people "uh you've got the 16gb version, you should have gotten the 32gb one, it's much faster"
Yep. I know "those" types. Once I explained to them that was for storage and not for performance/OS usage, they balked but normally understood what I meant.

And those that didn't... they're lost causes that I wouldn't let them touch anything higher than a programmable microwave in my presence.

So, you see I've met a few iNumbskulls and ever since I'm quite suspicious of iPhone users
Yep... been there too. I've also started to avoid the uber-leet *nix folks too... snobbish tendencies at either end of the spectrum annoy the living **** out of me.

Take care.

Tags
community, complaint, discussion, n900