Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Scenario:

Battery 50% full. It's about 11pm. I plug my phone into the wall charger to charge over night, and set my alarm for 7am. Fast forward to this morning: the alarm doesn't go off:
phone is frozen and doesn't respond to button press or keypress (appears off). Holding power key turns it on. Once the phone is on I notice that it is full charged, and the alarm is still set, but since the phone was in some weird off-state the alarm didn't go on (as an aside I don't even know if the alarm would go off if the phone is actually turned off).

This issue has happened twice now in 13 days, the first time I just wrote it off as a fluke.

So, moral of the story: Don't rely on the phone alarm if you want to be woken up on time.

I have a bunch of stuff installed from extras-devel so I guess it's my own fault the phone froze up. Didn't have any apps running at the time I plugged the phone in and when I went to sleep.

Good thing I kept that iphone around, I can still use it as an alarm clock... heh..

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Scenario:

Battery 50% full. It's about 11pm. I plug my phone into the wall charger to charge over night, and set my alarm for 7am. Fast forward to this morning: the alarm doesn't go off:
phone is frozen and doesn't respond to button press or keypress (appears off). Holding power key turns it on. Once the phone is on I notice that it is full charged, and the alarm is still set, but since the phone was in some weird off-state the alarm didn't go on (as an aside I don't even know if the alarm would go off if the phone is actually turned off).

This issue has happened twice now in 13 days, the first time I just wrote it off as a fluke.

So, moral of the story: Don't rely on the phone alarm if you want to be woken up on time.

I have a bunch of stuff installed from extras-devel so I guess it's my own fault the phone froze up. Didn't have any apps running at the time I plugged the phone in and when I went to sleep.

Good thing I kept that iphone around, I can still use it as an alarm clock... heh..
sounds like the phone ran out of memory. some apps in the extras-devel leak memory for e.g. old version of systeminfowidget

another moral: don't rely on the phone if you install untested software from extras-devel.

Had this issue first night - uninstalled the systeminfo widget and been golden ever since - that being said - new version of it out I need to test and feedback on
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by archebyte View Post
sounds like the phone ran out of memory. some apps in the extras-devel leak memory for e.g. old version of systeminfowidget

another moral: don't rely on the phone if you install untested software from extras-devel.
I hear ya. I haven't installed system info widget tho. I should buy an extra N900 to dedicate to extras-devel only.