Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
marketstoday-0.3-0maemo5 has been released to extras-devel. Here is the changelog.

* Changed the icon size in harmattan control file to 64x64.
* Changed app description in harmattan control file.
* Increased context menu button size.
* Increased text size in text input fields.
* Fixed the issue - Add button not working in Add/Remove tickers screen.

Harmattan release can be downloaded from here.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
I am going to promote Markets Today to extras repository. It is now in extras-testing.

Please test the application and vote on this page. Need 9 more votes to go to extras as of today.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands, The
Back from my vacation and I like your improvements. Unfortunately the graphs still don't work here. But the links the program tries to open just show me the graph in the browser... I PM'ed you my log file.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baaart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Baaart View Post
Back from my vacation and I like your improvements. Unfortunately the graphs still don't work here. But the links the program tries to open just show me the graph in the browser... I PM'ed you my log file.
Hope you had a great vacation. I am also back at work last week, so slowed down on development here.

Regarding the charts not loading, are you using a proxy to access internet?

Got the same problem here.

Anyway, I've just installed the app - and I'm really happy theres finaly a proper stock widget - THANK YOU!

..and now for the *****ing - It would be cool if you could adjust the size - I've only got 2 stocks on watch, so half the widget area is simply wasting desktop real estate..

The Following User Says Thank You to wildt For This Useful Post:
No, I am not using any proxy. I also noticed that the date shows the wrong month next to "Updated:". It says September instead of August here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Baaart For This Useful Post:
No, I am not using any proxy. I also noticed that the date shows the wrong month next to "Updated:". It says September instead of August here.
I got the same error.

The Following User Says Thank You to shawwawa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shawwawa View Post
I got the same error.
Me three..

The incorrect month was due a javascript bug. I fixed it locally, and this fix will be included in next release (should be ready tomorrow).

I am trying to include more debug messages to figure out the image not loading issue. The actual fix might take some more time, so please be patient

@wildt - Can you PM me a screenshot of your desktop with Markets Today widget? I'd like to take a look at the extra space.

I'm planning to give two/three size options for the widget. Small (very basic info), Medium (current size), and Large (full screen?). What do you guys think?

That should work fine. Another option could be that once you have over 4 stocks you can scroll down to see the fifth or more.