Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Hi all

has someone experienced this behaviour with microb? Sometimes the browser does not load a page after typing an address or text in the address bar.
The progress bar below the address keeps bouncing forever and never starts the load of the page. The only way i have to fix this is opening a xterm and kill browser and browserd. After that, if I open a new browser the page is load normally.

Any clue or fix?

Regards and thanks in advance

Carlos

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
restart the device.com

I have the same issue and use the same solution. sorry no other fix i know of.

The Following User Says Thank You to wazza747 For This Useful Post:
Try in XTerm rename or delete the directory /home/user/.mozilla/microb. Microb stores all user data in there including any plugins you might have, so clearing that directory should reset the browser.

Perhap reboot your device first and do NOT start the browser, as once the browser has been started killall does not kill it completely (at least for me).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Dave999

Maybe you are kidding.. but anyway as i said in my post, there is no need for a reboot....

killall broser
killall browserd

is enough...

I may be misunderstanding, but I occasionally see similar when loading a page in microb and I just hit the red cross to the right of the adress bar. that stops the hung page load process and I then just choose reload from the microb dropdown menu.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Lately i have the same issue too!!!

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cnavarro View Post
The progress bar below the address keeps bouncing forever and never starts the load of the page. The only way i have to fix this is opening a xterm and kill browser and browserd. After that, if I open a new browser the page is load normally.
I'm having the same issue, still in PR1.3. No better fix than `killall browser;killall browserd`. Curiously, both must be done in order to get it unstuck, just one is not enough.

I tried looking at bugs.maemo.org, but I don't see anything similar reported there (at least in the bug summary).

I've checked with tcpdump that when this issue happens, the browser does not even try to do anything over the network.

Whatever I do, I can't kill browser or browserd, neither with killall or kill -9. The browser is not visible to kill although it shows up in ps and for browserd nothing happens at all.

Paai

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by paai View Post
Whatever I do, I can't kill browser or browserd, neither with killall or kill -9. The browser is not visible to kill although it shows up in ps and for browserd nothing happens at all.
Are you sure?

Both processes are automatically restarted when they get killed, and when checking ps after killing them you probably see the newly started processes already.

Check the process IDs (PID) with ps to make sure that this isn't the case. If the PIDs change, then the original processes have been killed and you are looking at the new ones.