Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
thats smart hgtablet, why make a new application when flash works just as well. All u have to do is make a .desktop shortcut and you are done!
Exactly how does one do this?

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I wrote a GPL'ed one that doesn't require Flash. I didn't package it (never done that before) but it still functional. If you have any problems getting it installed, let me know. Take a look at:
http://bernsteinforpresident.com/software/mr-beat

The Following User Says Thank You to new-maemo-user For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by new-maemo-user View Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I wrote a GPL'ed one that doesn't require Flash. I didn't package it (never done that before) but it still functional. If you have any problems getting it installed, let me know. Take a look at:
how would i install this on a os2oo8/n810?

Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
how would i install this on a os2oo8/n810?
Well, download the directly, unzip it, and find some way to get it onto your tablet. If you have an ssh server running on your tablet, that would work. Otherwise, connect it to your computer and copy it over to the card. Then open up a terminal and "cd" to that directory, and run "python mrbeat.py".

Originally Posted by new-maemo-user View Post
Well, download the directly, unzip it, and find some way to get it onto your tablet. If you have an ssh server running on your tablet, that would work. Otherwise, connect it to your computer and copy it over to the card. Then open up a terminal and "cd" to that directory, and run "python mrbeat.py".
thanks for your reply. i've copied the file to mmc1. i haven't used xterminal before and am a linux novice. do i open xterminal next and then do what? thanks very much in advance!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
running a program from a memory card will not work, as its mounted by maemo without executable privileges.

your best bet is /home/user or /home/user/MyDocs (note the caps).

Sorry about all of that!!! I've got a package for Mr. Beat now. Download it at:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to new-maemo-user For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much! Great app, have been looking for a metronome for quite while, and packaging makes it easy to install.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
i don't think n900 has gtk.glade anymore since glade is deprecated so mr beat won't start up