Posts: 39 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by vzp916 View Post
Try to install right after reboot

Gtalk has nothing to do with this

Also...if you did the terminal trick to remove filemanager.list problem should of gone away
Great it worked, the second reboot did the fix.

Thanks!!

Last edited by marnuc; 2012-03-02 at 00:09. Reason: fix

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by marnuc View Post
is it necessary to do
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
?
I see some people say to not to.
you can skip it......thats not tied to this bug...

you can later manually search for updates via Setting>Applications

Navigate to etc/apt/sources.list.d
and see if filemanager.list is there

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Just want to let you guys know that worst case scenario - flashing seems to work

Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Just want to let you guys know that worst case scenario - flashing seems to work
I did this in the morning because I couldn't figure out a fix and I was impatient and talk.maemo.org was inaccessible so the gurus here weren't available

It wasn't so bad, I had to load all my apps again, not a huge deal. Rearrangement on the homescreen was the hardest task.

All my accounts and data were preserved. Settings had to be reconfigured.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Chennai, India
This is not a PR1.2 bug..! i am still on PR1.1 and this error started showing up from yesterday..! STRANGE..!!

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Originally Posted by vzp916 View Post
You did
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list
and still have the issue with installing apps?
I get the "permission denied" error. So I need to enable developer mode?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
Another reboot did the trick... Removing filemanager.list was not necessary.

Originally Posted by mikee805 View Post
I dont think you need developer mode just terminal installed or maybe a filemanager can deleted that file but you might run into permissions issues.
You either need developer mode to delete /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list using terminal, or you can simply remove the filemanager app in settings->applications->manage applications. If the uninstall button is disabled, reboot and try again immediately.

It is the filemanager app that is the root cause of this and it looks like it has been removed from Ovi.

I ran into this issue because I flashed my N9 to PR1.2, then restored from backup. Since I had previously installed the filemanager app, the filemanager.list file was restored, but then I was unable to restore any of my apps because of the bug. I also couldn't uninstall filemanager because it wasn't installed, and I couldn't install it from Ovi because it has been removed... what I ended up having to do was download the filemanager deb and manually install it, and then I could uninstall it. In case anyone else has run into the same thing, here's the filemanager deb - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1977652/file...2.10_armel.deb

Last edited by baergaj; 2012-03-02 at 20:50.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
I don't think the Filemanager app is the root of the problem since I also experienced this bug but I have never used or installed Filemanager before.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
I think it's the tweak to add .torrent for filebox. That's what I think caused it