Posts: 62 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Grenoble, France
I'm working on the new track management drawer, planning to add some small new features like track comments. It happened that someone was wondering about this on TJC, see:
https://together.jolla.com/question/35590/gps-tracker/
So I share also here the link with the mockup I made before implementing, if some of you have remarks, comments or suggestions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Hi, is it easy to add maptile sources. I would prefer to have ones from OpenSeaMap, cause there is no any native sea charts for Jolla. Nautics Sailmate is for Android, but prefer native and also its only for Finland.

Anyway big thanks for great app.

@Kaari
Yes, it's easy to add tile sources. I've just made a try for OpenSeaMap, and it's basically working. Except that OpenSeaMap is an overlay tile source to be displayed on top of another tile source. Currently Męp can only display one tile layer at a time, so now one can only see the sea marks but no coast line or so ever !

I put this in my TODO list to have the possibility to display a tile layer on top of a tiled map. I cannot guarantee when it will be available though. But the implementation seems not too complicated from the current code base.

The Following User Says Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Hi,

just came across Maep-Qt and i really like it.

However i could really use a hiking map so i was wondering
if it would be possible to load maps from a source on the local filesystem.
For example the maps you can download here:

http://openmtbmap.org/en

Last edited by zbenjamin; 2014-04-14 at 22:28.

In principle yes. I'm downloading one of their mtb zip file. I'll give a look and give some news when I have.

New version for Męp. See changelog:
  • rework the display layout, using swipe to switch from search to track actions.
  • add support for waypoints in tracks. waypoints are editable through the GUI (addition and modification). Close: #5
  • correct track segment handling for tracks, giving correct track duration.
  • use horizontal accuracy of GPS fix to enhanced track length and duration calculation.
  • add track info on cover if available.
  • modify the layout of the track management drawer to highlight ossibilities when there is no track.
  • add creation time of track in the track management drawer.
  • disable track capture when loading a track to avoid unwanted expansion of already saved tracks.

I tried to keep as much place as possible for the map, so I decided not to use the bottom panel as introduced before for track, but instead to reuse the search place to display track info, after all it's no common to require search results and track information at the same time.

So the top part of Męp can be flicked to switch between search interface and track interface. In addition, the track header can be tapped to expand or long tap for options.

I hope it's convenient and enough intuitive.

For the waypoint, sorry, I didn't implement the possibility to use last entered text for new waypoints. Maybe, I'll do it later.

If you have complains or suggestions about the new layout, don't hesitate to discuss them here. To obtain this new layout, I had to change a lot of QML code compared to previous version. I tried to debug it as much as possible, but I may have inroduced several regressions. Don't hesitate to report them here or on github https://github.com/dcaliste/maep-qt/issues

For previously asked questions about Męp (pinch to zoom, additional layers for ski, nautic navigation…), I didn't forget them and will try to do something about them in near future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Very well done, I like the UI and the new features

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
I read about "Track management", but I am not able to find it in the UI (version 1.4.0).
I can enable or disable "Track capture" in the top pulley menu, but whatever I do I am not able to activate a bottom menu.
What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Never mind. I found it. Swipe the search bar ....

Last edited by Shikantaza; 2014-04-23 at 09:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shikantaza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I have a question though : how to save a track?

I see the possibility to save a waypoint but not to save a track.