Active Topics

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
I wonder if it is any good for us
https://mspoweruser.com/kali-linux-n...crosoft-store/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Why would you think so?
It’s already easy to run Kali in a chroot.
MS is doing wrapping, mapping Linux calls to Windows DLL’s. Great job, but nothing that adds to arm architecture

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Why would you think so?
It’s already easy to run Kali in a chroot.
MS is doing wrapping, mapping Linux calls to Windows DLL’s. Great job, but nothing that adds to arm architecture
I don't think so. That is why i end my sentence with an interrogation mark

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not helpful to you, but it exposes a new generation of users to Linux. That taste of freedom might grow into a hunger down the line.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
One thing i can assure. Windows 10, with all the latest updates, is way more friendly to all. A few years ago it took me ages to flash my N9 when now is faster

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not helpful to you, but it exposes a new generation of users to Linux. That taste of freedom might grow into a hunger down the line.
Is Kali any good? (A genuine question, I have never tried it.) Because if not, then a cynic might have said that there is no better way to turn potential new users off Linux than by introducing them to a bad one. (I can testify, my migration to Linux was delayed by at least ten years by trying to get in by, in the given order, Mandrake, Slackware and SuSE.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is Kali any good? (A genuine question, I have never tried it.) Because if not, then a cynic might have said that there is no better way to turn potential new users off Linux than by introducing them to a bad one. (I can testify, my migration to Linux was delayed by at least ten years by trying to get in by, in the given order, Mandrake, Slackware and SuSE.)
Given that SUSE and Ubuntu are already there as options, Kali is a good alternative if you dislike those two aforesaid distros. My exposure to Kali is minimal, but it's a great tool for certain kinds of uses within some corporate structures (read: white hat) and that's (to me) kind of awesome.

It's another tool within an organization that is not linked to any inherited problems or oversights that MS Windows may never test or show up as a concern.

Nice list of distros btw. We're quite similar.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It's not that I dislike them. They are great distros for a seasoned user. Just not so much for a novice like I was then. I have everything to thank for to Ubuntu for finally getting me to the other side. Now I would not touch it with a barge pole.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It's not that I dislike them. They are great distros for a seasoned user. Just not so much for a novice like I was then. I have everything to thank for to Ubuntu for finally getting me to the other side. Now I would not touch it with a barge pole.
Which distro are you using nowadays? Arch? Gentoo? G‘ol Debian?

2x N900 - both for sale, 1x in mint condition with a qwerty keyboard (with box and all accessories) and 1x in used condition with qwertz keyboard. PM me[/B]

1x N9 16GB cyan, made in Finland - for sale PM me

1x Jolla - for sale PM me

iPhone SE - lost

iPhone 7 - 128GB
Surface Pro 4 M3 - Win10 is buggy...
Lenovo Thinkpad W520 - Xubuntu
Lenovo Thinkpad X200 - Libreboot and Trisquel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NX500 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by NX500 View Post
Which distro are you using nowadays? Arch? Gentoo? G‘ol Debian?
I at least am kind-of-polydrug-user, of the worst kind.

On my non-mobile platforms I use almost daily at least Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu and on top of those 2 different strains of inhouse Linux, the first one a traditional LFS variant and the other a Koji-built own variant.

Now when I think about it, Arch is maybe the only major distro that I have not used.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: