Active Topics

Hi!

Any recommendations on where to get good batteries for the N900 in 2016? My original Nokia batteries are showing their age (5-6 years), but all the reviews I'm seeing for various replacement batteries are mixed, with many people reporting that the new batteries they get hold no more charge than their used ones...

Thanks!

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Yes, the battery by Polarcell did pick up some bad reviews, but the last statements I read about it were more favourable. Even if not 1500mAh, they should be equivalent to the stock Nokia on hopes. And they are not so expensive that being wrong is a disaster.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
i would only buy original nokia batteries if possible. it's very easy in finland, not sure what is the situation in other countries. as you know, they seems to last quite well.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by muto View Post
i would only buy original nokia batteries if possible. it's very easy in finland, not sure what is the situation in other countries. as you know, they seems to last quite well.
Here in the US, I can find lots of batteries marked as "original Nokia", but I'm not sure I believe them. A couple of years ago I got one off of Amazon with an official-looking hologram, but it fit a little loose inside the battery compartment, didn't last more than a year, and at the end was heating up dangerously when I put it on the charger.

I picked up a Polarcell battery instead earlier this year, and so far it seems a lot better. I don't really have the setup here to test batteries, but it has been holding a charge just fine so far, and it does fit correctly inside the phone.

Sorry to hear that. Nokia has not put any holograms to batteries since 2011 or so...

Latest original "Nokia" batteries look like this(black battery in phone and lower right):
http://muto.iki.fi/kuvat/bl5j.jpg

left you can see the 2nd generation grey battery with 1430mAh. These are already about 3 years old and not recommended.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
Mugen seems to be not available either.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/noki...a-177808901845

try indian market. Like flipkart, snapdeal, amazon. They seem to have a lot of spares.

Originally Posted by muto View Post
Would you kindly point us to a web site in Finland where we can order them?

I recently got a Polarcell and it worked ok at first (this was my second, the first had inflated after a few years of use). But then one day after being drained it would not start charging inside the N900. I let it sit and a after a few days it charged again fine.

Also it happens sometimes that the green LED takes half a minute to go out after I pull out the charger cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I recently got a Polarcell and it worked ok at first (this was my second, the first had inflated after a few years of use). But then one day after being drained it would not start charging inside the N900. I let it sit and a after a few days it charged again fine.

Also it happens sometimes that the green LED takes half a minute to go out after I pull out the charger cable.
For the record, the seller, Wannsee Germany, has been veryresponsive. When one shipment got lost, they promptly sent another. When the battery mishbehaved, they offered that I mail it back in for a replacement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post: