Notices

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
So what is the recommended way to backport from Harmattan to Fremantle now?

I've got Web2SMS running (with a lot of missing images) with qt-components-10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6biCKs041M

But qt-components and qt-components-10 can not be installed at the same time. As well as some parts of the maliit keyboard.

So which one of both packages should I target?

The Following User Says Thank You to gri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Is anyone still working on QtComponents for Fremantle? It's sad that there are no more ports from Harmattan.

You should definitively try to merge some of the elements made by Marxian for CuteTube QML.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gri View Post
But qt-components and qt-components-10 can not be installed at the same time. As well as some parts of the maliit keyboard.

So which one of both packages should I target?
The qt-components-10 package is the right one and I am using it myself for Mieru. The qt-components is just an older outdated version IIRC. (BTW, is it actually possible to remove obsolete packages like this one from extras ?)

The missing images are IMHO caused by the incomplete "base" theme ported from Nemo (any progress for this ?).

Last edited by MartinK; 2012-03-02 at 13:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
is it actually possible to remove obsolete packages like this one from extras ?
That should be solved with the Supertesters initiative.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Hi.
QtComponents for Fremantle will be maintained at least till September of present year. A new release of maliit and qtcomponents will be pushed
by the end o the month ( I hope so). In the meantime, it would be fantastic If someone could update wiki with examples on how to maintain apps compatible with SSU and CSSU.

Salu2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Well thanks to inean as he is so great with Qt-components ,just after reading all of this ,may i suggest that we could start a new thread where we could discuss the exceptional apps for N9 which could be ported to N900 Or perhaps there is no such application which is exceptionally only available for N9 and cant be available for n900 ?
just a thought though !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imo For This Useful Post: