Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Prankster, what would being a maintainer for maemo ports entail? Would it involve advanced programming knowledge? I am ready to volunteer for this, subject to my ability and knowledge being sufficient.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Prankster, I admire your enthusiasm and wish I had skills to offer. Simply being a linux hack isn't going to help. As a user/member in the community I hope to see your call to action fulfilled.

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Prankster, what would being a maintainer for maemo ports entail? Would it involve advanced programming knowledge? I am ready to volunteer for this, subject to my ability and knowledge being sufficient.
thanks buddy ,i suppose it would be like a maemo greeter to ever new package coming from harmattan ,for more info if you could contact to qgil ,he will let you know the rest of everything .
Edit : you may ask for any help to Timoph here http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=20892

Last edited by prankster; 2011-09-14 at 04:51.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I will ask timoph now.
EDIT: see post below. People with working knowledge of QT, please come forward.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-09-14 at 16:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
ok guys ,unfortunately ejasmudar isnt good at Qt ,so is there any one who knows quite about Qt /Qml ? if yes then take a look at miniature adaptation from harmattan to maemo5 ,all you ( maintainer ) have to do is to change that coding pattern for every Qt app coming from harmattan to make it adaptable for maemo5.I suppose every harmattan app source code will be freely available so lemme know if there is ONE,except marxian ,ofcourse he has already promised his great help for us ,thanks to him .Any other Qt developer may part in and may do this job for us .All we need a volunteer who knows Qt/Qml .
to see change log /adaptation look at this example ..http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents/Miniature ,butaca has been ported too ,check that example as well .
ciao
Edit : ejasmudar will be helping us on this issue as well , he is trying his best to get to the bottom of Qt ,thanks to him as well .

Last edited by prankster; 2011-09-14 at 16:14.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
ok guys ,unfortunately ejasmudar isnt good at Qt ,so is there any one who knows quite about Qt /Qml ? if yes then take a look at miniature adaptation from harmattan to maemo5 ,all you ( maintainer ) have to do is to change that coding pattern for every Qt app coming from harmattan to make it adaptable for maemo5.I suppose every harmattan app source code will be freely available so lemme know if there is ONE,except marxian ,ofcourse he has already promised his great help for us ,thanks to him .Any other Qt developer may part in and may do this job for us .All we need a volunteer who knows Qt/Qml .
to see change log /adaptation look at this example ..http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents/Miniature ,butaca has been ported too ,check that example as well .
ciao
Edit : ejasmudar will be helping us on this issue as well , he is trying his best to get to the bottom of Qt ,thanks to him as well .
I can help in my spare time.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
thanks buddy , stay up to date with this link uvatbc http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4264,you may ask anything on the forum and we will try to help you .Hope everything goes smooth.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
Do you think it would be feasible to backport some apps to diablo?

I am currently trying to get QT 4.7.4 work on diablo (successfully built 4.7.3, not tested on actual device due to the touchscreen failure).
I built 4.7.3 (or was it .2 ?) some months ago and while it did work, the performance was pretty abysmal, so after a disk crash I felt less than compelled to put serious effort in it...

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Next target should be ibqtcore - 4.7.4, libqtgui4 - 4.7.4, and libstdc + +6 - 4.4.0 . is it possible ?