Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Mplayer is working with some convincing

first install n8x0 mplayer with apt-get, then remove it (but only the mplayer and not the dependencies), then install the 770 one with this command (downloaded in the same dir):

Code:
dpkg --force-all -i mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.24.n770_armel.deb
Then do a libhildonfm link (that's for the ugly frontend only):

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libhildonfm.so.2 /usr/lib/libhildonfm.so.1
EDIT: Only tried one movie, maybe there will be some problems with external codecs.

That's all folks ;-)

Does this have all the necessary hardware to act as usb host like the n800 with 2008? I know I can host with external power with 2007he but can I use usb host with the adapter I made and a usb memory stick? Also, am I the only one who can't connect via usb to my computer with 2008he?

Last edited by powder2000; 2008-02-15 at 16:20.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Also another interesting thing is that the brightness applet now has 10 positions instead of 5 in the normal OS2008. Maybe we should expect this minor update in it too...
Did you restore backup? I had the same "problem" in my N800 when I restored OS2007 backup... Once I did not restore backup I had the correct 5 steps.

Do the lowest 5 steps have any effect on brightness on 770? (In my N800 the didn't.)

No, no backup, just fresh install.

Yes, all the steps have effect, the lowest one is very dark...

Bundyo: Where do you see Skype installed by default ? You must mean Gizmo....

No, Skype is in app manager and after installation works.

In 2007HE additional hacking was required to get it working.

Oh oh, I thought you meant by this 'pre-installed'.... As to BT headsets... I seem to be able to get my headset to pair and says the supported profile is HSP... but as yet no luck getting sound through it.

Originally Posted by johnpad View Post
Will your modified initfs work with this new hacker edition?
Answering my own question. It already works perfectly. Thanks Fanoush.
-John

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Yes, kernel and initfs is still the same so no change needed. In fact the best is to unpack just rootfs.jjfs2 from .bin image via linux flasher and flash it separately so you won't lose the bootmenu and don't need to reinstall it.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Small differences noted so far :

* virtual memory maxes at 64MB instead of 128 (a pity, it could probably use the difference!)

* battery status bar icon doesn't show a popup when clicked

* file manager does not show the "bluetooth" branch with phones and other devices in it (the menu item File/Send does work though.

Restoring a backup from a N8x0 seems to work with no side effects, which is pretty neat.