Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
It's a really nice device so far. The screen is perfect, just a little too big
The readability is much better in the sun compared to the Jolla 1, as far as I can tell, because currently there is not much sun here in Helsinki
The only thing that's missing for me currently is the compass sensor... I didn't realize it does not have it until I wanted to navigate somewhere... but I think I can live with that

And to answer the question about the CE certification: It actually has this certification, at least the CE logo is printed on the label in the battery slot.

Gesendet von meinem Jolla C mit Tapatalk
No navigation possible at all? I use Jolla(1) for geocaching and was hoping to use C, too :/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
GPS does work. Tested it with maep. Jolla maps seems to be gone and is not available in the store.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
No navigation possible at all? I use Jolla(1) for geocaching and was hoping to use C, too :/
Positioning (GPS) works just fine, it's just that maps don't rotate with your direction.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Is there no compass sensor present, or is it just not working yet?

The duck was not convinced either way.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
According to the specs there does not seem to be a compass sensor, but than again there should not be an FM receiver, too.
But the spec sheet of Jolla 1 lists the compass sensor... So I think it is not even available on the C.

If you look a bit deeper, you can see that the C is cheaper on some ends. E.g. the notification LED seems to be white only and is either ON or OFF, so no pulse animation is available there.

On the other hand it feels much better than the Jolla 1 as it feels lighter and it does not rattle if you shake it (the hardware buttons do not move).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
Anyone else dislike the new android runtime 'pop' sound that's in every android app now? Not only is it annoying, it crackles and makes loud popping sounds from time to time. How do I get rid of it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
GPS does work. Tested it with maep. Jolla maps seems to be gone and is not available in the store.
It still works in Jolla C, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:
Could anybody make a comparison photos of C next to android phone they have? Also, there're no good youtube reviews yet...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Thank you for this. Interesting too, I can't imagine what the difference between "torch-light0" and "flashlight" is.

Can you do a ls- l on both of those directories please? On the other devices, the control file is world readable and writable. If it's obvious which one is which, you could try turning the torch on and off manually, e.g. to turn it on

Code:
echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/brightness
And to turn it off:

Code:
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/brightness
I have some other changes to package, so if we can figure this out tonight I should be able to provide a working flashlight app pretty much straight away.
There is a flashlight shortcut in settings, first results with it off, second with on:
nemo@Sailfish ~]$ cat /sys/class/leds/flashlight/brightness
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ cat /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/brightness
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ cat /sys/class/leds/torch-light0/brightness
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ cat /sys/class/leds/flashlight/brightness
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$
Compass is gone from CSD (same code as before works *#*#310#*#*, running from term complains about xdg_runtime and fails to start display). Twice already lost mobile network connection and had to re-airplane-mode it (toggle greyed out, starting from options did not work). The extra length makes a huge difference in fingerterm, and also a bit of relearning is needed for pulley menus, at first was releasing too soon

Last edited by szopin; 2016-06-20 at 16:49.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Is it now possible to use Bluetooth (LE) in Android applications?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrBlueSky For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os