Often, I think, sellers themselves do not know what they are selling.
For example, I've orderd two solar chargeable battery packs from DX, another one had 2400 mAh battery (printed on the battery) and another maybe 2600 mAh, at least it was bigger. But there was no way to know without opening them up and breaking the seal, or by doing it like you test them.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Yes there has been ALOT of fake battery's and battery packs sold on DX, i remember buying a 10000mAh battery pack/usb charger, and others that have bought the same sku had posted pics of the battery's inside, and mine was different from theres even thou it was the same sku.
That sku had iron plates in it to simulate bigger heavier battery's so that i would feel like you where getting 10000mAh, but the battery's inside was 2x 800mAh, i was "lucky" i got the one with the 2x 1500mAh battery's.....

But after some 150+ orders from DX i know what i buy now a days. I generally only buy things that are really cheap and things that i cannot get at home.....

I really wonder how the eastmaze battery would perform in, for example, a Nokia 5800. The 2mm charging system uses a very slow PWM (1hz or so) to regulate the charge, resulting in the voltage spiking over 4.2V regulary. Seems to me phones with the 2mm charge plug would be able to accidentally trigger the protection circuit on the eastmaze batteries in normal use

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
I really wonder how the eastmaze battery would perform in, for example, a Nokia 5800. The 2mm charging system uses a very slow PWM (1hz or so) to regulate the charge, resulting in the voltage spiking over 4.2V regulary. Seems to me phones with the 2mm charge plug would be able to accidentally trigger the protection circuit on the eastmaze batteries in normal use
maybe but it is only when it goes to and above 4.28V, my charger indicated "connection break" when this was reached and it was only reached when the battery was full.
So i don think any phone would have problems with this battery, the protection is just set a bit lower then others, and the N900 also has a very good charge system that will prevent overcharge and overdischarge.

Japod Battery tested

Goto Page #1, Post #1 for results
can revival that it is good

and now mod 3 is beeing built for a 2740mAh battery, the capacity will be tested again when mod 3 is finished, just to get the full capacity like my mod 2 that has 2612mAh

NOTE: The Japod circuit is very hard to get out, to do a dual battery mod, so for now on mod 3 (which will be added where mod 2 is) im using the circuit from the crappy 320mAh fake DX battery...
Which i also have discovered that it has no protection circuit at all!!!, only the resistor that tells the phone how big the capacity is.....
But despite having no circuitry besides one lonely resistor it still works in the phone

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-12-14 at 00:10.

Dual Japod battery tested to 2763mAh, 109% increase from stock battery.
Same build process as mod 2.
Will update post #2 some time soon.

Price for MOD 3. (prices has been rounded up)
1x - Mugen Cover - 7$
2x - Japod 1350mAh - 18$
1x - DX fake battery - 3$ (for "circuit")
------------------------------------------------
Total - 28$ for 2763mAh battery + cover & extra circuit....
Mugen battery 95$+ for 2400mAh

I used the fake battery circuit because im having a hard time getting the Japod battery "top" open....

---------------------------------------------------

I gotta ask again, anybody out there got a mugen battery laying around that they can donate or send/ship (i can then ship back) so that i can get the actual capacity of it on the list.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-12-26 at 15:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Good job!!!

You should probably start taking orders :-)

Originally Posted by drangina View Post
Good job!!!

You should probably start taking orders :-)
If i had the time.....
But then the price wont be that good since i have to ship it out also...
The idea with the mod thread is that if you out there are basically skilled using a soldering iron and cutting tool you can do it your self and get a battery thats better then the EXTREMELY pricey mugen battery for less then 30$ or less then 20$ if you go for the 'christgift' battery's and then still have more capacity then mugen offers for 5x the price.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Dual Japod battery tested to 2763mAh, 209% increase from stock battery.
Same build process as mod 2.
Will update post #2 some time soon.

Price for MOD 3. (prices has been rounded up)
1x - Mugen Cover - 7$
2x - Japod 1350mAh - 18$
1x - DX fake battery - 3$ (for "circuit")
------------------------------------------------
Total - 28$ for 2763mAh battery + cover & extra circuit....
Mugen battery 95$+ for 2400mAh

I used the fake battery circuit because im having a hard time getting the Japod battery "top" open....

---------------------------------------------------

I gotta ask again, anybody out there got a mugen battery laying around that they can donate or send/ship (i can then ship back) so that i can get the actual capacity of it on the list.
hi!
where did you buy the mugen cover at $7 ?
I only see one on ebay $43.20 including shipping without battery

from mugen directly.
https://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...backdoor.html#
just inset what cover you want in the text box, for N900 mugen cover you type in 'HLI-N900XL'

and it's only 7$ shipped !!!

----------------------------------------
Battery Test update:
hopefully the last 2 battery's on the list from DX will show up soon....

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc