Active Topics

Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
I must admit, I don't understand why anyone would feel driven away from this site because of a couple "bad apples"!

Anything that can keep the site, the n900 and this community thriving should by ALL MEANS BE ENCOURAGED!!

Now if we can just figure out how to grt those quality contributors back all would be right with the "Maemo.org" world!
Bad Apples are Bad Apples, what drove Stskeeps away wasn't the fact abill_uk is an idiot. It was continuously, himself and myself spent a lot of time trying to reduce the damage abill_uk spreads wrt to MeeGo through complete Misinformation. I can not count the amount of times I've repeated to him over-and-over again the same facts, but it doesn't stop him, he still spreads crap. Which causes users here to have a very poor opinion about the MeeGo project status and progress.

It's not a fair use of our time to continually correct abill_uk's B.S.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
That aside, he's also been extremely hostile towards Stskeeps. Every post he mentions him he's belittling him by using his real name. Which is obviously meant as an insult. By saying he's doing a rubbish job wrt MeeGo on the N900, he doesn't even know what Stskeeps does ..

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
On the 'campaign of misinformation' bit...

I think that underlines the fact of how strong 'frequent and 'effective' propaganda' could be. It's the basis of how crappy products can get into the hands of so many people. It's the basis of how (I'm pulling a godwin on the 3rd page here) the third reich' rise to power.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Static and passive reference points (wiki, dictionaries, main sites, etc) pale in comparison to loud mouthed disinformation agents.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
I'm posting this poll, because I'm interested to know how many people on talk are genuinely interested in what goes on with regards to our MeeGo offerings for Nokia Maemo hardware platforms, like the N900 and N8x0 devices.
The way I see things the site is mainly device orientated. As the MeeGo Community Edition targets one or more of these devices then it has a home here. There are threads on this site dedicated to Nitdroid, Ubuntu, Mer, Easy Debian and more running on the n900. There are threads about host USB, fixing faulty USB ports, making speaker horns etc, etc, all related to NITs. There's also the Off Topic area with all of Capt'n Corrupt's posts .

If we can tolerate all that than MeeGo CE and more can be represented here IMO.

Last edited by mrsellout; 2011-06-10 at 18:04.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
* bumping to increase visibility *

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
The way I see things the site is mainly device orientated. As the MeeGo Community Edition targets one or more of these devices then it has a home here. There are threads on this site dedicated to Nitdroid, Ubuntu, Mer, Easy Debian running on the n900. There are threads about host USB, fixing faulty USB ports, making speaker horns etc, etc, all related to NITs. There's also the Off Topic area with all of Capt'n Corrupt posts .

If we can tolerate all that than MeeGo CE and more can be represented here IMO.
You're right, I didn't think about it that way. At least MeeGo is an evolution of Maemo, where's as NITdroid is a somewhat completely different entity entirely

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
That aside, he's also been extremely hostile towards Stskeeps. Every post he mentions him he's belittling him by using his real name. Which is obviously meant as an insult. By saying he's doing a rubbish job wrt MeeGo on the N900, he doesn't even know what Stskeeps does ..
That is spot on just have a random look at his posts to see the stream of hostility the guy has shown. As I said elsewhere... 'When a poster makes it the point of their existence to belittle your efforts and spread lies and discontent at what must already be a testing time given the political situation at Nokia, I think Stskeeps' actions are completely understandable. '

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Bad Apples are Bad Apples, what drove Stskeeps away wasn't the fact abill_uk is an idiot. It was continuously, himself and myself spent a lot of time trying to reduce the damage abill_uk spreads wrt to MeeGo through complete Misinformation. I can not count the amount of times I've repeated to him over-and-over again the same facts, but it doesn't stop him, he still spreads crap. Which causes users here to have a very poor opinion about the MeeGo project status and progress.

It's not a fair use of our time to continually correct abill_uk's B.S.
I understand how you feel, I can also understand the right for others to "speak in opposition", but when the "Community" is damaged from the actions of a "few" the Moderators of this site should take appropriate action.

In my opinion the purpose of this site is to support Maemo/ Hartman/ Meego/ N900/N800/ N770 etc. I'm not advocating for a propaganda site, but a site that can encourage the use of the software and hardware I mentioned earlier. Anything/Anyone else with a different agenda should be BANNED! Isn't that what Moderators are for?

The Following User Says Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
I am interested in Meego, complete open source mobile OS is too amazing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niloy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, UK
I am personally happy for any N900 or FOSS related news tester requests as long as its relevant or related to device or even if its just interesting. Its ok by me even if you post Gentoo news, if it's no interest to me just won't read it. End of story. Anyway, keep 'em comin' m8. If someone doesn't like it he should start his own forum...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fasza2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance