I think this is a possible competitor to the 770. It would be nice if someone can do a comparison.

http://www.palm.com

So the TX is really $299. Let's see if Nokia will release the Nokia 770 with a lower price. If the $250 rumor is true, I commend Nokia for waiting for Palm to launch the TX before the 770.

Apple will also reveal their new products today. Can't wait!

Originally Posted by Reggie
So the TX is really $299. Let's see if Nokia will release the Nokia 770 with a lower price. If the $250 rumor is true, I commend Nokia for waiting for Palm to launch the TX before the 770.

Apple will also reveal their new products today. Can't wait!
Yes, the Apple announcement should be interesting!

Ya a comparision would be nice!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2005 @ NJ, USA
Biggest thing for me is the resolution. The TX only has 320x480 versus the Nokia 770's 800x480. Really need that have a top notch web browser.

Besides, I prefer Linux over the new Palm Garnet OS. I'm guessing there's a deep bench of developers ready to write/adapt less expensive/open source Linux progs. There seems to be a declining Palm programmer base and possibly even fewer who will program for Garnet.

Originally Posted by sigger
Biggest thing for me is the resolution. The TX only has 320x480 versus the Nokia 770's 800x480. Really need that have a top notch web browser.

Besides, I prefer Linux over the new Palm Garnet OS. I'm guessing there's a deep bench of developers ready to write/adapt less expensive/open source Linux progs. There seems to be a declining Palm programmer base and possibly even fewer who will program for Garnet.
I agree about the screen resolution.. I prefer bigger screen, "bigger" resolution.

Here is a review of the T/X. The screen is 3.8 in. diagonally vs. 4.1 for the 770.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1869865,00.asp

I had a chance to see the TX at Best Buy the other day...but unable to "surf the web" on it as a demo... the resolution looks really good. If the 770 comes out at $350 USD or higher. I think I will look at the TX a little closer. The Life Drive is nice but $499, too much for what I am looking for...The TX is a better alternative to the 770.

Last edited by TripleNickle; 2005-10-16 at 19:21.

Here is an interesting reference to the Palm TX and the delayed 770.

http://www.dealhack.com/archives/200...rnet_awar.html

hm the plam tx is not bad at all although it doesn't come with wireless G! then again b is pretty fast enough for surfing and such. Hm yes the resolution is lower but the price sounds about right. Hm

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I guess it depends on what one is looking for. For me, the appeal of the 770 is this: It's a WiFi enabled portable linux device. Nokia issued a stroke of genius by going with a linux based OS. A year from now there will be a staggering amount of software available for it; compare the number of apps today to a month ago, and the device isn't even out yet.

Palm's clunky OS may be able to tell soccer mom's they're late to pick Billy up from practice, but I'll take a scaled down open computing platform any day.