Posts: 51 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Nigeria
u can buy an open os tab n but ubuntu/windows 8 ..or try apple..i got an ipad..not tht bad..OR GET THE DAMN LUMIA 920

This is why I hate WPhanbois.

They recommend wp regardless of it makes sense or not.
Seriously worse than Android and iOS fanboys.

I'm flattered

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I would hold off for the Samsung ATIV SmartPC and SmartPC Pro.

That is what i waiting for! S Pen support, excellent build quality and the keyboard dock helps as well

I was gonna get a Transformer Prime/Infnity but Asus has alot of building issues, such as cheap flash memory causing IO bottlenecks and crappy build quality where the screens come away from the glass itself and bleed issues.

Also Android lacks the word processing that I want for uni and not to mention nothing can replace Microsoft OneNote.

So I am gonna wait for the SmartPC/SmartPC Pro to come out anytime after October 26th and probably replace my crappy old netbook with that.

SmartPC

SmartPC Pro

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
u can buy an open os tab n but ubuntu/windows 8 ..or try apple..i got an ipad..not tht bad..OR GET THE DAMN LUMIA 920
Seriously why did you even post?

Read the TITLE!

It talks about TABLETS and you suggest a 4.5" phone..

How much more of a useless suggestion could you have made..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
<3 my Nexus 7. Exposure to android is part of why i wanted to leave my N8 behind and get away from Symbian - because i saw what would be done with Busybox and a keyboard, and it reminded me of kubuntu/mandriva so much that i wanted a challenge again, not boring old symbian.

an basically the nexus7 is the perfect size - not too heavy, not too big, not too small, just spot on.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
It talks about TABLETS and you suggest a 4.5" phone..

How much more of a useless suggestion could you have made..
This forum was originally created to talk about 4.1" Internet tablets. Does "tablet" imply a specific size in your dictionary? Does phone call capability strip a device of its "tablet" status?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
When people are giving tip about closed crap PHONES and calling it a tablet, the thread has already gone offtopic So I give a better tip:

Dont buy hyped tablets go get an ultrabook instead.

If you prefer open once lenovo X230 or even the X230t (touchscreen) is a good Linux devices. Every damn driver is open on it. Just sitting behind X230 ATM runing OpenSuse KDE edition...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-09-30 at 15:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by lma View Post
This forum was originally created to talk about 4.1" Internet tablets. Does "tablet" imply a specific size in your dictionary? Does phone call capability strip a device of its "tablet" status?
Lumia 920 is NOT a tablet! WP is broken peace of ****.

If 920 is a "Tablet" even the nokia 3310 is a tablet!

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Definitely HP Touchpad, if any. Right now, I'm running tripleboot - webOS, Android 4.0, Archlinux ARM (still using webOS most of the time).
I wonder which other tablets can do this - I hope some, but I'm not very sure.

You may also consider waiting for Vivaldi -http://makeplaylive.com/

EDIT: I forgot to mention that tablets in general are not that useful. Sure, they are cool, but I cannot imagine any task they're special for (maybe except for reading PDF's and magazines). So, unless you have really good use for it, I'd think twice before buying one.

Last edited by nodevel; 2012-09-30 at 15:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Well, yeah. The term "internet tablet" as you are describing was what Nokia used to describe their line of cell-phone-sized pocket computers. However, that term has not caught on outside the world of Nokia. With the rise of the iPad (and all the Apple marketing that goes with it), the term "tablet" is now firmly associated with a device that is much larger than a cell phone and lacks a keyboard. (If you add a keyboard, it becomes a "netbook" or something.)

A device that fits in your pocket is now firmly defined as a "cell phone". (As much as I hate to admit it, nobody anywhere seems to make pocket computers any more. And "smart phones" are getting dumber by the day...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: