Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
One specific request for features in the N900 thread was that replacement styli would be available. It looks like Nokia couldn't reach that goal.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Has anyone tried buying the shop demo N900 yet, to see if it has a stylus?
I'd literally go that far for a new one, don't want to bother if i'm wasting my time though.

Since my N810 came with an extra stylus, I looked for one when I opened the N900. I did not find one.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Since my N810 came with an extra stylus, I looked for one when I opened the N900. I did not find one.
So--with the N900, they went one notch WORSE for the customer, rather than better? I'm glad I decided against buying another Nokia tablet. I REQUIRE spare parts--stylus,case, screen and customer support should be a higher priority for this company.

But, whatever. I've voted with my dollars--they created a neat product with the N800, something I wanted.. but after my extremely negative experiences with the COMPANY after buying the great product, any neat new products I want to consider are going to be severely hobbled by my experience with the company and I'm going to be hesitant to recommend their products to friends and family. I don't want to have those people disown me because Nokia frustrated them as a customer.

Imagine the utter crap I'd have to hear from them because they simply lost their stylus, if I'd recommended an N900. It seems like such a little, easy thing to resolve.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
how does everyone lose these things? mine comes out and in it's 'silo' all the time, and it's firmly placed.

I just remember this is an expensive toy and needs to be taken care of.

it's like losing your cigarette lighter dongle for a car cigarette lighter because you need to use it for electricity.

you just keep it in the glove box and put it back when your done.

how do people keep losing these things?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
how does everyone lose these things? mine comes out and in it's 'silo' all the time, and it's firmly placed.

I just remember this is an expensive toy and needs to be taken care of.

it's like losing your cigarette lighter dongle for a car cigarette lighter because you need to use it for electricity.

you just keep it in the glove box and put it back when your done.

how do people keep losing these things?
Since you hold it in your grubby paws, between fingers, there's ALWAYS the chance it slips and falls in between something immovable or while on vacation, public transit or otherwise somewhere where you cannot retrieve it once it's slipped away.

Regardless, the point isn't THAT you lose it or HOW you lose it. The point is, once it's done--what can you do to replace it?

Yes, it makes a lot of sense to blame the user for Nokia deciding to save 0.00001 Euro off a 600 Euro device, by not including a spare stylus. Out of 6 different touch screen devices I used before the N900, all came with a spare stylus.

And my stylus is not firmly placed at all. If I put the N900 in its sleeve stylus side in (which I have to when it is charging), there is about 50% chance that the stylus stays in the sleeve when I pull the N900 out.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
danramos - you are right I guess. it's an expensive device and the least they can do is provide an extra one... or at least send free ones to all register owners or something. regardless of how clumsy people are. it's like buying a car and they only give you ONE SET of keys. (which does happen occasionally and it sucks)

Matan - maybe it's because I have only had mine 2 weeks, but mine it tight in there. never even tries to slide out. maybe there is some kind of defect and some models don't retain the stylus as well as others?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Austria
Hi,
i have recieved original stylus at
www.gerry-mobilfunk.de
part-number 9991892 for € 5.-

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterk1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
PeterK1's link seems to work, but I can't tell how to navigate the site, even after feeding it through Google Translate.
Do they charge for postage? Does anyone speak German?

Tags
get one from ebay eos