Kontact in itself isn't an e-mail client, isn't it? I.e. it's usually works in combination with Kmail and etc. So even with Kontact, one still needs some e-mail client if I understood correctly.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-12-11 at 04:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Interesting: Trojita Is Pulled In As A KDE Project.

Unless Jolla are going to release their own mobile e-mail client as open source, this can become a good potential default client for Nemo, if someone would decide to make a mobile UI adaptation.
Jolla cant make the e-mail client fully open source if they want support to for example: Microsoft propiriatary Exchange protocol.

But I hope atleast they make the UI open and some plugin API for thirdparty closed Exchange support etc.. And use existing open IMAP API:s (if there is good once).

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Is there some overall introduction to compiling images? The guides on the mer wiki describe the basic process, but I still don't *really* know what I'm doing.

I've gotten the Tizen developer device to "boot" nemo, but it doesn't go past the blue Nemo picture. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to just hide that picture so that I can maybe see where it hangs.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Same thing happened to me.
Couple of times, it booted without a problem, but now it's stuck saying:
Code:
[   0.929079] twl4030_wdt twl4030_wdt: Failed to register misc device
[   0.956146] Power management for TI OMAP3.
[   1.104919] drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0)
^[[Csystemd-fsck[71] /dev/mmcblk0p1: clean, 21257/230658 files, 202735/921599 blocks
[   7.563049] i2c_omap i2c_omap.2: controller timed out
[   9.489776] isp_register_subdev_group: Unable to register subdev smia-sensor
[   12.426849] hci_h4p hci_h4p: FW error
[   12.437805] hci_h4p hci_h4p: Sending firmware failed.
Any ideas?
I was stuck with this problem and couldn't find the answer anywhere. The solution for me was to boot Maemo and give my N900 a good charge. After that it booted fine into Nemo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tarantism For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
A new snapshot of Nemo Mobile for N900/N950/N9/x86/VM is available. This snapshot is the first one that is distributed in our new servers and is also the first one that was build by using zypp backend in image building. Also new patterns are taken in use which make it much easier to update the device with new packages in the future. More information about using new patterns in updating in our wiki.
http://releases.nemomobile.org/snaps...1-12.1/images/

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
After installing image must be update by xterm

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Anyone tested the new image? Any video or update on the improvements experienced after installation? Pl share if ou find time. Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to bharathkumarst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i wrote it to my SD card and checked it on my N900. It's faster from the previous version. but settings problem as i have mentioned before has not been solved. I can't scroll down in settings app. Is anyone else is facing this problem also ? if yes then please do confirm.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Now that there's a Nemo sub-forum, perhaps it's appropriate to be moving this thread there:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...18#post1318718
Then again it's only a temporary sub, when proper restructuring takes place, that sub-forum will prob. be moved elsewhere.
(Reported my post to mods for them to decide...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
i wrote it to my SD card and checked it on my N900. It's faster from the previous version. but settings problem as i have mentioned before has not been solved. I can't scroll down in settings app. Is anyone else is facing this problem also ? if yes then please do confirm.
Same thing here:
* the device is noticeably more responsive;
* settings do not scroll as well.

More:
* my wifi network hangs after random intervals, but does not disconnect. A manual disconnect/connect cycle solves it for a while;
* while in terminal some key events appeared to be lost;
* the power menu does not appear correctly some times.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post: