Active Topics

Notices

Hello!

I want to present you my little app which will help you store flash data (for ex. videos on youtube) from MicroB browser to SD card or internal n900 memory.

You can find this app in extras-devel repo or install it from garage:
Maemo Garage Tempy LINK

Software is safe to install, but needs a little testing, so If U find it useful please test it and report any problems.

Here is a little tutorial showing how to save a video:

Step 1: Open MicroB - default n900 browser, and surf to youtube.com. Then choose any video you want.

Step 2: Dont close your browser! Got o menu and find tempy icon.

Step 3: Choose location where you want to store video.

Then a popup will apear if any files would be found. After copying you should have stored videos in chosen location with given filename.

Note: Please follow THIS thread if you want flv files to be listed in Multimedia Player (tracker settings).

Note 2: Please correct my english. I want this to be clear for anyone who could find this app useful.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to ukaef For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
The comment after the app Name in the .desktop file is not commented out, it therefore appears as the name of the app.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
have been saving youtube vids since i got the device,november 09, they are stored in tmp folder and its easy to move and rename them so i dont think this app is needed,,good work anyway though

Originally Posted by thumbs View Post
have been saving youtube vids since i got the device,november 09, they are stored in tmp folder and its easy to move and rename them so i dont think this app is needed,,good work anyway though
This is exacly how it works. But I think it is quicker than manually moving and renaming. First - you have buttons with predefined locations for video files. Second - you dont have to browse every time to find tmp folder. Third - not everyone knows how to do it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ukaef For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
its needed trust me. thanks.

I know it would be better if I add any kind of indicator when file is copied. When file is big (ex. 50 MB) window with app looks like nothing happens (but it is copying in background). Any other ideas?

Is this tutorial above simple enough to understand what this app do?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
so i can store movies above 1g also?

and thanks for this app

i appreciated

Originally Posted by Ali View Post
so i can store movies above 1g also?
and thanks for this app
i appreciated
Above 1g? What does it mean? Sorry, i dont understand.

Originally Posted by ukaef View Post
Above 1g? What does it mean? Sorry, i dont understand.
Probably the fact that FAT32 (which the eMMC and any external memory card by default is formatted to) cannot handle files over 2G

It also might be something completely different.

ref "doing nothing while copying", it should be relatively simple to throw up a simple progress indicator.

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
ref "doing nothing while copying", it should be relatively simple to throw up a simple progress indicator.
I will do this ASAP. I have to figure it out how to do progress bar in PyQT, because I used QFile to copy.

Last edited by ukaef; 2010-12-07 at 17:26.