Closed Thread
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
No log, no help.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
The open whatsapp project: bassed on Yowsup, and source is available
http://openwhatsapp.org/develop/
how to run it on n900????

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Verssetti View Post
how to run it on n900????
From that web:

Originally Posted by http://openwhatsapp.org/develop/
Currently there is no client for Maemo 5, although it's planned to have one. If don't want to wait, you can start one yourself
you just need to write a UI to have a working version

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Yowsup = Wazapp

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
really nice idea from http://openwhatsapp.org/
they went open source and gave time in effort to support every platform.

yappari is great, am still using it and will use it till the last day. There is always room for improvement and I hope Scorpius keeps on doing his great work, although I know the platform is dead, but hey we are still using it!

Its been 3 years and still no device was able to grab my attention like n900 did.

keep up the good work everyone!

heyyy...
i need a help...i want to delete my yappari account because i am changing my number..
delete an old account and register with a new one...how to do it..???

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Spain
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove --purge yappari
and install again

Last edited by Verssetti; 2013-03-05 at 04:28.

Originally Posted by parth.rocky View Post
heyyy...
i need a help...i want to delete my yappari account because i am changing my number..
delete an old account and register with a new one...how to do it..???
Originally Posted by Verssetti View Post
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove --purge yappari
and install again

You don't have to uninstall yappari completely you just have to do this:

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Quit Yappari, delete the file /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf and restart the application.
Then when you open yappari again it will ask for the new number (I did it this way and it worked perfectly for me)

Hi.

I´m facing the same problem.

First yappari just loaded a black screen and "shutted down", although icon was showing next to the clock in n900 main screen.

Then i tried these directions. They did something to it, now it goes as far as syncronizing contacts and it says "logged in" but then "unknown socket problem..." this loops about 3-4 times and then it just throws you back to the main screen.

Yeah yeah, i know, no log, no help. But as a beginner, i have absolutely no idea how to get the log or how to provide it here.

And this does not help ether, i have no idea what so ever how to operate linux-based programs at all.

Thank you anyway. Great app, when it works, it works like a charm!

Originally Posted by Soundi View Post
Hi.

I´m facing the same problem.

First yappari just loaded a black screen and "shutted down", although icon was showing next to the clock in n900 main screen.

Then i tried these directions. They did something to it, now it goes as far as syncronizing contacts and it says "logged in" but then "unknown socket problem..." this loops about 3-4 times and then it just throws you back to the main screen.

Yeah yeah, i know, no log, no help. But as a beginner, i have absolutely no idea how to get the log or how to provide it here.

And this does not help ether, i have no idea what so ever how to operate linux-based programs at all.

Thank you anyway. Great app, when it works, it works like a charm!
Hey there,

you will probably just have to wait for about 5 minutes after you started the programme. Don't click anything in Yappari itself, I've found that if you immediately click a chat after startup, it freezes.

Anyway, after about 5 Minutes, it should connect okay. The reason is probably, that somebody sent you a picture while you were offline/disconnected/had a shaky connection and now that you are restarting the program (and thus reconnect) Whatsapp is trying to send that picture to your phone. The problem is just, that in such scenario Whatsapp is sending faulty data which makes connection impossible at the time being. After about 5 minutes this will stop though and the program is about to log in just fine.

Hope it helps.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp