no one can help me then?
I try to flash a little while, if anyone knows how to solve the "root::"
I also tried with the file "a.out", but it turns out a "file not found"
thanks
bak89

I did it! i think the a.out file at first page is wrong.
The size of the right a.out file is 4.4 kb not 2.2 kb..
Then:
1. Go to your Application Manager, and search for “OpenSSH Client And Server”. Install.

2. Set your rootpassword to something simple, ex: “abcde”

3. Download a file a.out file (4.4kb!)

4. Download ssh browser (unless you are very good in Unix command line), you can try WinSCP (For Windows), or RBrowser (For Mac).

5. Look for your Nokia N900 IP address (LAN). You can go the xTerminal and type: ifconfig (make sure you : “sudo gainroot” 1st!), then look for “inet addr:”

6. Secure Remote from you computer to your Nokia N900 via the ssh browser which you just download:

go for: root@youripaddress

password: “yourpassword” or abcde if you followed the earlier instruction. Leave the Port to 22.

7. Navigate further to: /usr/bin/

8. Drag and drop the “a.out” file into the /usr/bin/ folder

9. After you drop the file into in, right click, change the permission.

*Remember to “select” all the “X”. This means you are giving access to owner, group and others.

10. After doing so, proceed to your Nokia N900,select xTerminal again.

11. Type: “run-standalone.sh a.out”

I did it! xD
bak89

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by bak89 View Post
i did it! I think the a.out file at first page is wrong.
The size of the right a.out file is 4.4 kb not 2.2 kb..
I did it! Xd
bak89
>> 3. Download a file a.out file (4.4kb!)

sure DUDE! You can find right a.out via google. Just search for a.out and check size XD XP BWAHAHAHAHA
w**t**f?!?!

I have a better instruction for you: get a living chicken, wait til next full moon, search for a virgin... (if you don't find a human one, get an alien ;-P). Dang this dude is *nuts*

Actually resetting whole CAL to a virgin pre-1.3 state will make the lockchecker happy. I'm not going to provide that image, and I just mention you also set locale for WLAN etc, serial#, whatnot else to that of the one you get that image from.

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-12-01 at 04:22.

Originally Posted by bak89 View Post
I think the flash is not work for reset the lock code..
There are reports of users who recovered with a full reflash. So what makes you think it won't work?

(if you're interested in details: the yes/no info about asking for lockcode is stored in gconf. Since PR1.3 obviously Nokia also placed a "cookie" in eMMC, so you need to reflash both rootfs and eMMC, to make sure all your former data got nuked. Thanks to Nokia for finally fixing this for good)
/j

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-12-01 at 04:04.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
There are reports of users who recovered with a full reflash. So what makes you think it won't work?
/j
because I tried to flash it many times...
I've downloaded the file (2.2kb) from here ..
on my computer I have the right file I can send you in some way?

On one hand, I have seen written several times, that lock code is not affected by reflash, on the other hand, after my reflashes, I have a faint feeling that I did input again, but I am not sure.
a.out is a default output of a gcc compiler, I can hardly imagine more anonymous name than that. Who did compile it?

Originally Posted by jaromrax View Post
On one hand, I have seen written several times, that lock code is not affected by reflash, on the other hand, after my reflashes, I have a faint feeling that I did input again, but I am not sure.
a.out is a default output of a gcc compiler, I can hardly imagine more anonymous name than that. Who did compile it?
up to PR1.2(?) it was like: lockcode got stored in CAL (and could get cracked with john, see start of this thread), while the flag if lockcode is to be *used at all* got stored in rootfs (particularly gconf). So reflashing rootfs would allow to boot device without lockcode, though you still dunno the actual lockcode stored in CAL.

with PR1,3(?) this obviously changed: lockcode can't be found in CAL anymore, at least not under the label it was before.[edit: seems incorrect. So it should still work] And the flag about actually asking for lockcode during boot now is stored in both rootfs and MyDocs, so you need to do a *full* reflash (both rootfs and eMMC) to regain access to a locked device. This is actually a sane thing, as now lockcode somewhat better protects your privacy, as flashing eMMC will clean all your private data on MyDocs.

HTH
jOERG

[edit] that's incorrect, I failed to grep the lockcode in CAL because of my installation of proper gnu-utils replacing the broken busybox grep among others. Using "busybox grep" instead of "grep" works still fine for the solution as of http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...522#post524522

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-10-21 at 13:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
"Somewhat better" is not good enough. Your data remains accessable without any great effort (granted, for my mother it is impossible). But People definitly don't want to bet on a unsecure mechnaism for data protection, believe me.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
managed to reset the lock code with the file from the first post on this thread, thanks to qwerty12.

Here is the step by step of what have I done.
1. download the a.out file from the first post of this thread + Give Thanks! to qwerty12.
2. copy the a.out file to the root folder of your phone.
3. open xterm and gain root via sudo gainroot.
4. cp /home/user/MyDocs/a.out /home/user/
5. chmod 777 a.out (give permissions to write)
6. run-standalone.sh ./a.out (pops up that security code reset to 12345)
7. rm a.out (hopefully you dont need it anymore)

I know that this is kind of lame solution and I'm sure that this can be done in a more sophisticated way, but I am a noob to the N900/Unix thingie. Anyway thanks again qwerty12.
Thanks for the post; helped me out of a sticky situation where my mum accidentally clicked "Secure Device" and I couldn't remember my lock code. Flashing got me back into it and the above post (with qwerty12 file) sorted me out good and proper. Thank you again!

Hi everyone,

Could someone please help me to get a lock code?

my root:0JH5rPNFImA

Since I am using OS Lion, I couldn't run John the ripper in My Macbook.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by YoshiVic; 2011-12-23 at 16:52.

Tags
devicelock, nokia n900