Seems that f(x)tec is confident of a sept release?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spinica For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I'll post a pix
as promised
Attached Images

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Wanted to thank the Fxtec team for the great event! Can't wait until September for the release.

Now if only Rockbox for Android development would get restarted..

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
as promised
Haaa! Yes... You pointed camera once, so i did saw You - Thanks mään...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
It is a small step for free SW (OS) but a giant leap for HW (keyboard).
--edit: had to do this, after that lunar weekend (

Guys this thing is great!
It feels like a decent successor of the N950 in hands.
(if only we had Meamo/MeeGo/Meltemi/NameIt on it).

HW wise nothing to argue. Feels good in hands, looks awesome and stylish.
Big rounded edge screen. Size is 'big', as big as all 6'' glass bars nowadays. Same size as a Xperia XA2 Plus (or Samsung A70), of course a bit thicker due to the HW keyboard which does not feel bad or disturbs.
The keyboard is also awesome, fels balanced when using and key presses are well felt.

I could continue and continue...
Thanks Chen and the F(x)Tec team.

And special thanks to mosen for hosting and beer and sushi!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Indeed, i help with going on and on:

The rounded caps are super comfy and the pressure point is on spot. I had the direct contrast when failing to put my long wifi pw into one of the demo devices via virtual keyboard since it did not come to mind to flap out the qwertz. It just feels like a normal, a bit thicker phone of that size. Then Erik smirked at me and my brain froze a bit realizing i am typing on virtual kbd on a Pro1 first time i touch it.
Entering via Qwerty was so nice, no hitting the screen on top, much space to hold on and not let it slip.
The angle is a great help to not cramp your fingers. Much better than on N900 where i always lift/angle my hands up to get the screen in good position to my glasses. I guess that was one advantge of N950/E7 already.

And the fri**in slide out is satisfying af. (sorry for the language i am really hyped that my expectations got over-delivered). The videos are one thing, you have to feel it.
It snaps in place as if an overpaid sound engineer spent a month on that confirming and worthy mixture of a "Whoomp" & "KLACK".
If you ever wanted to envy an iphone user, simply klack him away.

Ohhh and the screen. It was the brightest day a german can imagine to test sunlight readability and the pro1 did shine. (No i am not going to over exaggerate by adding "like the sun ")
Go to a phone shop and look at the Note series. That is the pro1s screen as Adrian explained. (forgot which Note).

Ahh and quite loud stereo speakers.
Uhh 3,5mm jack.
Ohhhh the camera is not higher than the main body but ~0,5mm embedded.

But most important, and the reason why i invited them in the first place. I could feel their enthusiasm to work and how serious they are about the device Quality.
Have seen a lot of startups from within and seldom had the need to describe them as well organized and completely sane behaving.
I now wish them to find a good compromise between further refinement and "go to market". (Thanks @Olf for the lengthy discussion about that topic!)
I lean towards it being perfect for me and want it NOW

Thanks again to all attendees for the fruitful exchanges. I learned a lot today.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-07-23 at 23:14.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Ha, that description of the slide out mechanism is perfect, should go on the official website as a selected user review. This is exactly what I felt when I saw Chenliangchen's short video on Twitter showing how the Pro1 can be unlocked. I looped the video like 20 times and forgot it was about unlocking the phone, I just wanted to hear again the work of the overpaid sound engineer.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-07-24 at 11:10.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thank you everyone who attended the event yesterday, it was a hot weather and some travelled within quite a long distance, we are really grateful that you made this journey and I hope the hands-on is worth all the time spent on the road.

I also want to personally thank Mosen for his warm hospitality. He is so thoughtful in every details, setting up the camera, projector, A/C, printed out name badge, and provided lovely drinks and great great sushi. (My colleague who attended the last session in Tokyo said the sushi is better than he had in Japan) Thank you Thank you so much!!

I also spent some time with olf, who answered a lot of questions regarding mainlining and we will likely meet again early August in Frosdon.

And community has found a few software issues which I am not aware of. And some very important suggestions. I just assigned to relevant team today.

We will do our best to get it produced with quality and looking for deliver the product in person on September!!

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thank you everyone who attended the event yesterday, it was a hot weather and some travelled within quite a long distance, we are really grateful that you made this journey and I hope the hands-on is worth all the time spent on the road.

I also want to personally thank Mosen for his warm hospitality. He is so thoughtful in every details, setting up the camera, projector, A/C, printed out name badge, and provided lovely drinks and great great sushi. (My colleague who attended the last session in Tokyo said the sushi is better than he had in Japan) Thank you Thank you so much!!

I also spent some time with olf, who answered a lot of questions regarding mainlining and we will likely meet again early August in Frosdon.

And community has found a few software issues which I am not aware of. And some very important suggestions. I just assigned to relevant team today.

We will do our best to get it produced with quality and looking for deliver the product in person on September!!
Even with all the evidences and hands on the device, i believe there will be someone saying that it is a scam

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I'm very curious about what are the suggestions, if you can disclose this information. I would understand if you would prefer not to, to avoid increasing expectations from future users about suggestions that may or may not make it to the final software.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-07-24 at 18:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit