Well, I almost came to late to work because of the N900's
alarm clock.

I set the alarm to 7:00, 7:10 and 7:20 on the calender app.

Well, but today I woke up without any alarm and then looked on my N900 and there was still the 7:00 alarm and the clock was still on 7:00 or seomething.

The n900 didn't recognized to ANYTHING so I had to completely reboot it to make it work again and I was pretty shocked because it was pretty late already.

I can't remeber if I had the n900 overclocked,
but this is a serius problem and I don't want this happening again, period.

Has this bug happened to other ppl too,
or I'am the only one?

Last edited by razefox; 2011-09-15 at 00:36.

the only problem i've had with the alarm is that i cant get it to stop or snooze sometimes. i have to tap the screen for at least 20 seconds before it stops

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Originally Posted by ekzwolfe View Post
the only problem i've had with the alarm is that i cant get it to stop or snooze sometimes. i have to tap the screen for at least 20 seconds before it stops
Tip: When the alarm is going off pick up the N900 flip it over (have the N900 facing up then turn it have the screen face down), and its should go into snooze mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to DfLo1913 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
You are not alone. When setting multiple alarms together that one overlaps other that will still go off while other is snoring or something like that, usually both get stuck in a loop.

I'm still figuring out a way to reliably reproduce the error/bug.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ekzwolfe View Post
I have the same issue and it was due to hildon-desktop i think. Once you notice your phone starting to lag a bit, the alarm will stop responding to presses.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
I'm still figuring out a way to reliably reproduce the error/bug.
I can always reproduce the problem by setting two alarms 10 minutes apart. There are other cases that reproduce the problem too...

well n900 is best alarm phone i ever have..

i forgot to charge it and managed to ring even without charge.

it saved me

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Same trouble. Two days ago, the only alarm from calendar set for that day rings and when I pressed on "stop", it seems frozen for a while... When I get back to hildon desktop, widgets do not react any more. The only option I found is to reboot - even the "optimizer script" that restarts desktop (to cope with memory leaks) fails to refresh widgets.

My N900 is overclocked at 950 MHz and configured with swapolube. It may be a clue.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
I have initially encountered this issue many times but I don't use the osso-calendar to setup alarm clocks. I use osso-alarm instead.

I really do not have a fix for this but possible solutions for this issue:
  • Have another device/phone/smartphone setup with multiple alarms. This is just in case if your device fails to wake you up on time. For me I have 2xN900 sounding with different alarm tones as well as N95-1. It maybe is more annoying but it'll be sure to wake you up.
  • Try setting it at 15 minutes apart intervals. If need be add an extra alarm or two before the very first set of alarm. I have all my devices/phones set at 15 minutes apart intervals.
  • If you find your device is laggy when pressing either the stop or snooze button, it maybe is a good idea to reboot your device when you have a free time during your day. Also if the device fails to wake you up even though the alarm has been set you might want to also consider rebooting as well.
  • If you really have issues waking up early in the morning (like me), definitely multiple alarms from all your devices combined and having each of these devices placed in various parts of your room that is not within your reach from your bed. This would make you want to crawl out of your bed to turn the device off.

Also none of my devices are overclocked, I'm against the idea of overclocking on embedded devices like N900.

Originally Posted by razefox View Post
Well, I almost came to late to work because of the N900's
alarm clock.

I set the alarm to 7:00, 7:10 and 7:20 on the calender app.

Well, but today I woke up without any alarm and then looked on my N900 and there was still the 7:00 alarm and the clock was still on 7:00 or seomething.

The n900 didn't recognized to ANYTHING so I had to completely reboot it to make it work again and I was pretty shocked because it was pretty late already.

I can't remeber if I had the n900 overclocked,
but this is a serius problem and I don't want this happening again, period.

Has this bug happened to other ppl too,
or I'am the only one?
Actually, I have an issue with the alarm.

When I do not press the snooze button, it doesnt ring again! Yikes. Meaning if I sleep past the first ring and do not press snooze, thats it, no more alarm.