hello guys, I just noticed when updating or downloading an application from application manager its like im downloading big files. 50mb finished for 1 day. I already flash my n900 and I'm on the process of installing again my apps.

I attached screenshot from conky if you can check whats the problem. I dont know how to read the results.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
~speedyham by freemangordon ....

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by blitzlee06 View Post
hello guys, I just noticed when updating or downloading an application from application manager its like im downloading big files. 50mb finished for 1 day. I already flash my n900 and I'm on the process of installing again my apps.
Use apt-get?

Seriously, for all intents and purposes you can uninstall the application manager (and don't even bother with FAM).

Otherwise just bear with the slowness. It's nothing weird. It's just like that.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Use apt-get?

Seriously, for all intents and purposes you can uninstall the application manager (and don't even bother with FAM).

Otherwise just bear with the slowness. It's nothing weird. It's just like that.
Whats the problem with FAM? Has worked really good for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to salamisami For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by salamisami View Post
FAM never worked for me. Dont know why. I dont like FAM. HAM is what I like. Most of the time I use apt-get to install a app. I dont know its name then I use HAM.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
I tried using apt-get install from xterminal same result.

I also tried FAM stuck on updating catalogs.

my n900 responds fine because I newly flash it. The problem is downloading an app from ham/xterm. 5kb update takes 1 hour to finish.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Then there is a problem with your internet connection. Browsing, emails, cuteTube, everyng else works fast? Then something specific to your connection to Maemo repositories. I would try going to http://repository.maemo.org/ and downloading the packages from there. You can then install them offline by simply tapping on the file in File Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Corrupt emmc filesystem ??

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by salamisami View Post
There's not really a problem, but installing a new tool for something that is already built-in is unnecessary (but OK

You could have problems if you enable the "autoremove" option. Maemo is not Debian. Maemo's dependencies are a mess and hence using autoremove may actually remove things that you didn't want to remove.

With apt-get you can not only see the bus before it hits you, you can also dodge it

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by blitzlee06 View Post
I tried using apt-get install from xterminal same result.

I also tried FAM stuck on updating catalogs.

my n900 responds fine because I newly flash it. The problem is downloading an app from ham/xterm. 5kb update takes 1 hour to finish.
Yes FAM always stucks at updating catalogues. If you are getting low speed on wifi then try switching off power saving mode for your wifi access point.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Then there is a problem with your internet connection. Browsing, emails, cuteTube, everyng else works fast? Then something specific to your connection to Maemo repositories. I would try going to http://repository.maemo.org/ and downloading the packages from there. You can then install them offline by simply tapping on the file in File Manager.
You are right about manually installing apps but most of the apps are dependent on another application and download each required app for a single application is kinda very hard.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:

Tags
appman, slow transfer