Active Topics

Originally Posted by dbec10 View Post
Can I set half hour alarms?
Can I change the amount of time I want the alarm to go off before the event.
Can I set an event that spans an entire week
For myself I want to add:
Can I set bi-weekly alarms?
Can I set 'Daily until..' alarms?
Can I set 'Every 5fth week on Friday, with end date: xy'
Can I set 'The 12th of every second month'
and so on.
Will it know about birthdays in the (missing) full Contacts list? And give me advance visual warning with a configurable time period?
Those are things I actually use on my T3, it makes life simpler.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
PIM on the IT looking at Nokia as it sits currently would be:
- Ovi
- Browser with offline capabilities
- Widgets for the homescreen
- one touch syncing to Ovi for IT and mobile phone

Don't think about PIM being so disconnected from everything else Nokia is doing, you'll miss the point of a device from a services company where the Internet is ubquious

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Oh look what turned up on my N800!

I fullscreened it and put the toolbars on the left side, but it is still pretty cramped vertically. As always, the designer's assumption of a big, 4:3 aspect ratio screen shows through...

Also, because it isn't GTK, tap-and-hold doesn't work for right-click. If there are any right-click dependent functions, using them would require a hack. I don't know if the GtkStyle project handles this kind of non-visual GTK thing. I hope it does, but...

Now all I need is some reason to use it.
That's one horrible UI for a mobile device. I hope that if there is a port of what you show gets a major retooling. Seriously, Palm had it right, and no one has been so bold to copy it. You are on a mobile device, tons of small buttons and drop downs are not productive.

Guess its time to get that UI/UX wireframe kit warmed up again

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by dbec10 View Post
qole; How easy is it to install that application. I do not know any linux. However I have a good IT background.
Are there any bugs that you know of?
Can I set half hour alarms?
Can I change the amount of time I want the alarm to go off before the event.
Can I set an event that spans an entire week
When an alarm goes off and I choose to snooze. Will it alarm again in five minutes? If I do not answer it at all. Will it alarm again in five minutes?

Will that run perfectly on the n810?
I installed it in my Easy Debian chroot. "apt-get install korganizer"

As for your other questions, I have no idea; I said I don't actually use these tools, I was just curious about what it would look like on the tablet...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
That's one horrible UI for a mobile device. I hope that if there is a port of what you show gets a major retooling. Seriously, Palm had it right, and no one has been so bold to copy it. You are on a mobile device, tons of small buttons and drop downs are not productive.
Yeah, like so many other productivity apps in Debian (Evolution mail, I'm looking at YOU), it was clearly designed for a desktop. I bet the devs who wrote these apps would be a bit shocked to see them on a tablet; thed'd probably look at it and blush... "Oh man, I should have thought of that..."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Yeah, like so many other productivity apps in Debian (Evolution mail, I'm looking at YOU), it was clearly designed for a desktop. I bet the devs who wrote these apps would be a bit shocked to see them on a tablet; thed'd probably look at it and blush... "Oh man, I should have thought of that..."
heh, can someone say outlook on a umpc?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Oh gawd... don't get me started on the notes. My wife's biggest peeve with me other than general clutter...
Hihi. I hear ya. Ask her to stick them on your forehead, you'll be cured in no time

Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post

Guess its time to get that UI/UX wireframe kit warmed up again
Personally I disagree. It might have been "right" for some. But as I recall, 3rd party apps that added more complex functionality was all the rage. There was at least two competing "Power" apps for the PIM as I recall. This was at Palm Tungsten times. So I'm assuming the latest ones hadn't moved on much by the way.

One of the key things was that they all stuck to using the same database though. Hence the sync tools could be common.

Besides which, we have got a beautiful 800 x480 screen. So yes, needs to be more Hildonised, lbut ets not make it look too basic. Perhaps keep what is displayed/removed configurable. Just my opinion.

Zuber

Last edited by Zuber; 2008-09-13 at 04:37.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
He is talking about the interface, not the functionality It can have full functionality without having scrollboxes with one or two rows...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
For myself I want to add:
Can I set bi-weekly alarms?
Can I set 'Daily until..' alarms?
Can I set 'Every 5fth week on Friday, with end date: xy'
Can I set 'The 12th of every second month'
and so on.
Will it know about birthdays in the (missing) full Contacts list? And give me advance visual warning with a configurable time period?
Those are things I actually use on my T3, it makes life simpler.
Yes, yes, yes, yes. You can set birthdays in another part of Kontact - Kaddressbook - Kontact can remind you about them.