Poll: Do you find this thread usefull
Poll Options
Do you find this thread usefull

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by panukooo View Post
hey man i need inception for instal this? And how can i uninstal dpkg -i libnet_1.1.2.1_armel.deb i do this dpkg -r libnet_1.1.2.1_armel.deb and nothing happen
dpkg -r libnet

Annd ladys and gents, I present to you, ettercap with a (simple) GUI support (ncurses), invoke with ettercap -C (or use -T for good oldie text like before)
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...15&postcount=1

remember to dpkg -P ettercap before installing this new version.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hello Im new to using mobile devices for testing network sequrity. is inception needed for running theese apps? also Im finding it hard to follow the installation instructions. just bought a new n9 for 300€ and love it!

Originally Posted by goalis View Post
Hello Im new to using mobile devices for testing network sequrity. is inception needed for running theese apps? also Im finding it hard to follow the installation instructions. just bought a new n9 for 300€ and love it!
Inception is not needed for these tools. Open-Mode kernel, however, is since the tools use network monitoring mode, which cant be achieved on a stock kernel.
I will guess Inception would work, using open-sh, but I cant confirm that.

An update is due.
I am working on compiling netfilter NAT modules, getting closer to a result, but yet not functional.....
Compiled successfully, but still refuses to load.
Might be that I need to decide if these modules should be required to be installed on a specific kernel, for example NitDroid kernel, or my own open--mode kernel.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
need both. i'm using nitdroid kernel ^)

awesome job, I was really looking forward for an nmap port for the N9, it works great, screen too. The only problem I'm having is with ettercap which I cant seem to get it to work, it keeps giving me this error:

SSL dissection needs a valid 'redir_command_on' script in the etter.conf file

ERROR : 1, Operation not permitted
[ec_main.c:drop_privs:237]

setgid()

does anyone have some idea as to what might be causing this?
thanks!

pls help nmap cant open device wlan0

Hi, first i would like to say hello to everyone for a great community here.

I am fairly new to the N9 and the Maemo/Megoo OS, i managed to install ettercap and nmap.

i am in the usr/local/bin path, but when i write nmap 192.168.1.1, it says not found. There is nmap folder in the given path. Same with ettercap, i have the destktop icon, but cant run it through terminal,

regards

Originally Posted by harmattan View Post
awesome job, I was really looking forward for an nmap port for the N9, it works great, screen too. The only problem I'm having is with ettercap which I cant seem to get it to work, it keeps giving me this error:

SSL dissection needs a valid 'redir_command_on' script in the etter.conf file

ERROR : 1, Operation not permitted
[ec_main.c:drop_privs:237]

setgid()

does anyone have some idea as to what might be causing this?
thanks!
You need to edit etter.conf and change the lines with UID and GUID to 0 (we need to run as root on the devices at all times)